Thread: First try with a boosted car with HPT

First try with a boosted car with HPT

Hi guys ,

I m new to GM tuning ( I tuned a lot of ford with another software ) . I did a couple of small ls1 and ls2 set up to familiarize with HPT but today I have a really nice car to play with . '10 SS Camaro with a E-Force , TSP Custom blower cam , kooks Lt with cat , #60 SD injector and ZL1 Fuel pump .

The stock file is a 12637084 and I found a tune in the repository that could be good to start with . When I try to write the calibration it failed of vehicule mismatch .

What I do wrong ??

Thanks !

Advanced Tuner
    Are you trying to flash a tune that you download from the repository? You may wanna try the comparr.option on the main menu ...open your car tune first and the click on open compare and select the file that you download hp tuners will remark in green the diferent value tables on blue the equal ones and in grey the mismatch ones (like the auto trans tables if one is manual and the other one auto)
    Use that as a tool to direct you in the right way but dont try to.copy paste everything cause it may hurt your car good luck
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Advanced Tuner
    Ya loading someone else's tunes isn't a good idea, I think there can be a vin issue as well .

Either use the compare feature or manually scan through and copy the tables you need into the original tune ( save a copy of the stock tune somewhere safe just in case )

I made a scratch tune , started with the 12635863 , made many correction , did a entire write and start fine , idle pretty good.

I disabled the LT and ST , Disable the maf , but I found that the VE table is not like the old LS .

None of the G Banish DVD and Don`s book talk about the newer pcm . How do you guys approch the speed density tuning ? Do you just tune the maf ?

Here is a small idle log and step test rev , Idle at 12.8ingh . Not sure the map is set up properly .
    Last edited by Alex5.0; 10-11-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added info