Thread: Le5 Supercharged tune problems

Potential Tuner

Le5 Supercharged tune problems

just looking for some help...i have a bouncy idle randomly and im getting horrible throttle response it seems like my car wants to die when i tap the gas pedal just for a second, feel free to chime in and let me know what i may have did wrong thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    your power enrich is set to 18.6 afr and your slaughtering it with the throttle pedal value. basically every time you exceed 35% pedal then your ecu is coded to hit 18.6 afr.
    your missing a few steps before you start playing in boost. You need to read up so you can command what your ecu does not let it decide.
    try reading the lsj tuning section. some tables like afr power enrich cross over to your ecu.
    as for the tune you posted now you are headed to engine failure quickly.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    oh man im scared to drive my car now lol but thanks alot for the input i am very new to this whole tuning thing & been reading for months but obviously i need alot more work to do. ima gonna read more in the lsj tuning section i appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    your power enrich is set to 18.6 afr and your slaughtering it with the throttle pedal value. basically every time you exceed 35% pedal then your ecu is coded to hit 18.6 afr.
    your missing a few steps before you start playing in boost. You need to read up so you can command what your ecu does not let it decide.
    try reading the lsj tuning section. some tables like afr power enrich cross over to your ecu.
    as for the tune you posted now you are headed to engine failure quickly.
    I think you mean 11.6. You divide by, not multiply by. I would also like to point out that your "High MAF" table needs working on. The 5800Hz of the high and low do not match, and the high table is very different(lower airflow) for the first few cells.

Thanks I did mess that up last night.
    I appologize.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    I think you mean 11.6. You divide by, not multiply by. I would also like to point out that your "High MAF" table needs working on. The 5800Hz of the high and low do not match, and the high table is very different(lower airflow) for the first few cells.
    thanks for the input i had a maf problem for awhile so im guess that is probably why! should i just start from scratch from low to high?

Do you have a wideband installed?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    Do you have a wideband installed?
    Yes i do hooks right up to my hp tuners

If the low table is fine, just copy any cells that overlap and make sure they match, then you can work on the high table. Not sure how high you can get, but I had good luck taking the car very steadily and slowly to 4000-4500rpm in each gear to get my higher airflow tables. It's low load so you shouldn't run into huge boost and shouldn't have to worry about the car blowing up. I never went over 40% throttle doing that.

These can effect idle quality as well:
    DOD VE isn't activated in most vehicles which leaves you with 4 VE tables. Cams Parked and not parked. Problem is cams parked requires defaulting the cams completely to verify and not parked requires tuning in final cam trim. Maf has to be shut off to verify these tables and doing so can flatten idle fueling errors on its own.
    if your idle dips into the rpm range of over and under speed spark control you can adjust it to help smooth idle error recoveries.
    Base idle ignition is kinda low for a ecotec..its only at 3* and if you are running e-85, which i believe you are thanks to the afr stoich value i am seeing, then e-85 will require a higher timing over the entire range than pump gas alone.
    Spark modifiers are cutting your ignition lower than the base timing table is set to so make sure account for the multipliers when you adjust it. start around 10* like distributor motors are set at from factory and go from there.

These are just extra:
    match your ignition tables together to prevent wandering ignition. (high to low)
    Set pe enrich ramp in to 2.0 to prevent a lean bog, and adjust your activation tps setting at each rpm range to engage around 2-3 psi boost. setting tps to low will cause a massive rich condition under n/a operation and since there isn't an afr per ve adjustment like a full standalone has, this is the next best option.
    Once you get your ecu figured out try ramping the fuel in from 3k-3700 by leaning 3k out to 11.7 and smoothing it into 11.5 at 3700. helps with low end power but still keeps cylinders cool.

like i said i do apologize for the pe afr value being off comment. i use the num pad when i calculate and its easy to press multiply instead of divide. i just didn't verify my data by trying it again, complete user error on my part.

Potential Tuner
    looks like i have alot of work on my hands as far as tuning my car! Thanks alot for the help it is extremely appreciated! I am fairly new to tuning so it has been an adventure. This well definitely help me get my car running right cause it has definitely been a headache! Once i have all this finished i will post up another tune.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...jection+window

your advance works the same as the lnf. the only change is the computer numerical value base and the profile of the cams.