Thread: Maf only tune a good option ?

Advanced Tuner

Maf only tune a good option ?

Hey guys , I'll be tuning my buddies 07 colorado . Truck has basic bolt ons . He's mainly concerned with his horrible fuel economy .

I'm not fimilair with the newer ecu's with mulipal be tables . I've been spoiled with e40 and e38 ecu's .

What's my best option for tuning this thing and doing it right .
    Should I give the bluecat software a shot ?
    Can I set up histograms for each ve table ?

Or am I better of just setting the maf enable to 500 rpms and leave the ve alone .

Is it the 4cyl? I notice most 4cyl cars running MAF only I've seen or worked on have an annoying throttle response lag and make a "poof" noise when throttling. Bluecat software is not hard to use. You simply copy the information from various tables in "dynamic" and "speed density" tabs and it translates them into a VE table. You can also log VE airflow directly in the scanner with that ECM and make a pid for VE airflow error based on RPM and MAP.

If you choose the MAF tune, at the very least set high enable to 1500 or 1600rpm. It'll provide way better throttle response from a stop.

You will do your self a favor doing a maf tune. Most new stuff now corvette camaro Cadillac ATS CTS and so on don't have ve any more all maf based. So learning it that way will pay off on anything new you do in the future.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150