Thread: New Guy Turbo 5.3 Help

Potential Tuner

New Guy Turbo 5.3 Help

Hey guys,

I am new to the site and to tuning on HP Tuners. I have a 2001 5.3l out of a Silverado in my 68 Camaro with a 76mm turbo.

I am going to go to a SD tune (MAF'less) with a 3 bar LSA MAP sensor. Here is where my newbie skills are hurting me...

I can't get the car to turn over, I have fuel pressure but the injectors are not injecting. I have deleted VATS out of the PCM but I am thinking the lack of a MAF with the new 3 bar MAP won't let it start?

I am open to any and all advice, I am here to learn (and get the car running of course).
    Thanks for any and all help!
    Tom

Potential Tuner
    I apologize, I guess I worded that wrong as I don't have a file to upload for example. Please let me know if this is a question that cannot be answered without a tune uploaded, if so I have a misunderstanding on my end and need to research further.

My general question is:
    What has to be done to go from the factory 1 Bar MAP on a 5.3 to a 3 Bar LSA Map Sensor? Keeping in mind this is a speed density tune so I do not have a MAF to rely on.

Senior Tuner
    You would apply a 3 bar custom operating system(if available for your application, without file do not know for sure) and populate the required data for it. Then you would input the offset and linear values for the 3 bar LSA map.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. I won't be back to the car for a few days, hopefully I can see if to OS will support it. My guess is it won't as it is a 01 PCM, but I at least have to try.

Thanks,
    Tom

Senior Tuner
    p01 pcms do have 3 bar ability, just not for all o/s's.