Thread: Need a LS1 tune with a T56

Tuner in Training

Need a LS1 tune with a T56

Hello all. As you can see I am new to this, learning a lot and feeling like I am in over my head but I refuse to give up. I've built and installed a 99 LS1 DBW (Vette) engine and added a new Tremec T56 from Hurst in a 67 Camaro. My problem is the PCM came originally with a 4L60, and I can only get the reverse lockout to work by changing the trans selection in the tranny dropdown box, the lockout works but the engine will not run above 2K. My only guess is that the engine is still looking for hydraulics in the 4L60. I have no idea if having a non-OEM T56 will affect the program in the PCM or not. My only option at this point is to download a stock 99 Vette setup with a T56 and build from that. I am open to suggestions or help.

I did install a GM Hot Cam Kit in the engine, but that is the only item above stock. If I can just get a compatible file I am pretty sure I can maintain things until I get it dyno'd.

Gotta get this thing going for Cruisin The Coast in 3 weeks.....Help!! LOL

Thanks for any help that can be given.....Jim

Senior Tuner
    HPT just released the ability to do segment swaps. If you ask support for a copy of 2.25 you should be able find a compatible t56 file from the repository, load it as the compare, and copy the differances over to your file. Save you having to change much or having to license another filed.

Tuner in Training
    Loaded 2.25 this morning....Really didn't want to commit credits until I was sure of the outcome...Are you telling me I can simply do a copy and paste in the compare boxes instead of actually using credits and doing a segment swap, and achieve the same result? Would be great if so...If I am on the wrong track please advise.

thanks, Jim

Senior Tuner
    Is your current file licensed? If yes, load it in 2.25. Find a file with same o/s and t56 in the repository. Load it as the compare. Go to the segment swap and switch the segments you need. No additional credits required as long as your current file is licensed.

Tuner in Training
    It is licensed. I emailed Bill this morning regarding when I have to use credits in the compare file. He stated that if I use or modify the repository file it will cost credits. I will assume loading the transmission from this file will be regarded as using it. When I load my file and add the repository file for compare it will not let me do a segment swap. I just hate to go in blind....but if it is the only way I will search for a combo and give it a go....thoughts?

thanks....again

Senior Tuner
    IT DOES NOT COST CREDITS TO USE A FILE TO COMPARE. If your file is the one loaded and is licensed, there will be no further credits required. The files must be same o/s to work.

Tuner in Training
    Need to know what o/s reference means..

Senior Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post192220

View pics in post 1, although reading more of it will not hurt.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, learning....that is the post where I first saw 2.25. I checked the o/s on both files, the apparent donor does not match mine. I am assuming that is why the segment swapper will not enable for me, correct? So other than just pulling up files and checking them, is there another way of finding a match with the same o/s?

thanks for the assist, as well as the patience....

Senior Tuner
    Typically same year will be same o/s, although sometimes more than one o/s per year. So if you are using a 99 o/s, look inthe repository for a 99 vette t56.

Tuner in Training
    Checked about 10 units so far, no match. Guess it's just a hunt. What designates the o/s, vehicle, pcm? Just curious..

Senior Tuner
    Post your file or at least your o/s number. GM designates o/s number, think of it like windows versions. Each new version is a bigger number.

Tuner in Training
    File attached...in case I botch it up....o/s 12584929. thx for the o/s explain, helps a lot.

MY CAMARO INITIAL READ.hpt

Jim

Senior Tuner
    I dont have one with that number in my collection to help you.

Tuner in Training
    Oh well, thanks for trying. Seems nothing is getting done very easily lately.....but I'll get it...