Thread: Trying to tune VE, every time I fail the MAF the car goes into reduced power limp mod

Tuner in Training

Trying to tune VE, every time I fail the MAF the car goes into reduced power limp mod

Trying to tune VE, every time I fail the MAF the car goes into reduced power limp mode..why? Im sure Im fudging something

Tuner in Training
    2010 camaro SS, vortech supercharger,shorty headers. HF cats, Vman TB,

Quote Originally Posted by scites View Post
    Trying to tune VE, every time I fail the MAF the car goes into reduced power limp mode..why? Im sure Im fudging something

Senior Tuner
    Your going to need a tune and a log before you get any responces.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune , I could be a number of different things ..

Tuner in Training
    copy of the tune..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    cant log, if the car wont drive..

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    here is whats going on, since your have a vortech I would only tune MAF basically you dont have any variable boost.

currently you are attempting to fail your MAF yet your VE is also disabled above 2K rpms.

renable your MAF Freq and lower your Dynamic to 500/490 so it will be in pure MAF mode at idle and above.

your stock OS is capable of handling your vortech in MAF mode just file. it will be easier to tune as well.

dont worry about your VE tuning.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thanks ill look at the tune

Tuner in Training
    ok, i found my problem. somehow i am f**king up with the new bluecat tool. i loaded my stock VE tables and it drove ok with the MAF disabled. i logged LTFT for about 30 min and when i went into the bluecat tool and i uploaded my co efficient tables into the tool. moved my decimal precision to the far right. generated a table, took my histogram data and paste special by % over it. then took that data and loaded it back into the blue cat tool. generated the co efficient tables and loaded them back into my tune..drove for 10 min and got REP mode again.. What the hell am i doing wrong.. the car drive good in MAF only and with MAF only my fuel tri,s are +/- 4ish..but i really want to figure this VE stuff out..

Advanced Tuner
    Since the vcm enhancements are now free. Just copy your best bluecat VE table into the 2.5bar OS. It makes things much faster.
    When you get REP, is it throwing any codes? I remember fighting with similar issues on a 10 camaro. Log throttle source, spark source, torque source etc. I'll take a look at your tune tomorrow when I have time to not be working, lol.

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    Since the vcm enhancements are now free. Just copy your best bluecat VE table into the 2.5bar OS. It makes things much faster.
    When you get REP, is it throwing any codes? I remember fighting with similar issues on a 10 camaro. Log throttle source, spark source, torque source etc. I'll take a look at your tune tomorrow when I have time to not be working, lol.

Tuner in Training
    seems to UNTILL I get my hands on the bluecat VE tool..should have kept my 71 Camaro..lol..holleys were easy..also what is the 2.5lb OS? Im new at this so im sorry..

Tuner in Training
    seems to drive ok UNTILL.^^^