Thread: 4 Cyl Advanced KR Settings

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar

4 Cyl Advanced KR Settings

Some of the gm 4 cylinders have a lot of KR control where sensors can be re-calibrated both by base and modifier tables.
    Is there any way those features can be included for the LNF and LDK platforms?
    Are these platforms officially done as far as feature research goes?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

This feature would really help many of us out!

Will be very grateful for this feature

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Been a week still nothing ?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not in to tuning other cars but from my understanding they have KR sensor control. Honestly I would rather tune an LNF without those sensors because of the amount of false KR. Having control would allow us tuners the ability to see real KR instead of having to figure it out. I will say the biggest issue I have isn't the fact that I personally can't figure out real vs fake KR but my customers don't understand it and I hate trying to explain it because few understand. Even if they believe you they worry so much that they still want it gone. It turns into a tuning nightmare in some cases and having a feature to calibrate them differently would help a ton.

Advanced Tuner
    I see no one is posting but the 3 of us and I think part is because a lot of the experienced tuners aren't on here much and a lot of the tuners don't understand fully what this would mean for us. If something is stopping us from having control I'll understand. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Some knock retard and timing tables from ECM E77 (Captiva, SRX etc.). Many of these tables are not yet available in VCMEditor. And I think in the E69, many of these tables also have and it would be very nice if tuners have access to them. When I work with the LLT and E69 I found a tons of fake knock, and very difficult to properly tune the timing if E69 is constantly trying to reduce timing because it seems to him that there a knock.
    Last edited by AlexDiag; 09-23-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    And some tables from E77
    Attached Files Attached Files