Thread: Reduced engine power, the wrench light....

Advanced Tuner

Reduced engine power, the wrench light....

I had a 13 GT/CS on the dyno with a Roush Stage 3 SC package , OR-X and 75mm TB. Made great power,throttle stays fully open but after the dyno session I took it on a test drive for a driveability check. It had a slight surge at very low throttle range. I made some modifications to the driver demand table and torque tables. This fixed the issue but it will get the dreaded wrench light and around 3200-3500 rpm at part throttle. My question is what determines and drives this routine. Is there a max limit that drives this only that the actual current torque is compared to in order to monitor this routine? Attached is a copy of the tune before I made the changes that fixed the slight low throttle surge.2013 GT Roush SC 10LB_ORX_Magnaflow Comp.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Badassbird View Post
    I had a 13 GT/CS on the dyno with a Roush Stage 3 SC package , OR-X and 75mm TB. Made great power,throttle stays fully open but after the dyno session I took it on a test drive for a driveability check. It had a slight surge at very low throttle range. I made some modifications to the driver demand table and torque tables. This fixed the issue but it will get the dreaded wrench light and around 3200-3500 rpm at part throttle. My question is what determines and drives this routine. Is there a max limit that drives this only that the actual current torque is compared to in order to monitor this routine? Attached is a copy of the tune before I made the changes that fixed the slight low throttle surge.2013 GT Roush SC 10LB_ORX_Magnaflow Comp.hpt
    What code did you get when it went into failsafe?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Damnit Sorry Eric I didnt get the code. Was too bust trying to blindly take shots at it. Any recommendations moving forward?

Recreate the failsafe and check it for codes. It is likely excessive wheel torque error, which you can either dial it out (hard without having all the proper parameters to log) or just raise the wheel tq error parameter up until it doesn't happen.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    OK Thanks., Eric.