Thread: no power or histogram data above 2800 rpm

Tuner in Training

no power or histogram data above 2800 rpm

I'll post a file when I get home but here is the problem, I have a supercharged and cammed 06 silverado with 5.3L engine. It has ls9 injectors. The problem is that I have no power above 2800 rpm and the injector duty cycle doesn't spike but the truck puffs black smoke and falls on its face. Even at part throttle. The histograms show 0 in every cell above 2800 rpm and 100 kpa. I'm completely lost and had another tuner look into it for several days. This problem just cost me $938 and is not fixed yet.

Post the file/tune.

Need to see the file to see if anything could be wrong.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Showing zero is normal, you have no fuel trims in open loop. An unsupported parameter shows up for me between iat and trans currect gear, what is it? Do you have a wide band?

Do you have p0101,102, or 103 set?
    Last edited by mecanicman; 09-12-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: more questions

Tuner in Training
    if you mean on the gauge display they are on opposite sides of each other. i have gear, MAP, ECT, IAT, speed and rpm. and what do i need to change to fix this? thanks for the reply by the way

Senior Tuner
    On the table display. What about codes?

Tuner in Training
    it is unsupported on mine as well. i was going to set up wideband readings through the AC unit but didnt finish it. im pretty sure that was the one anyways. and the only codes that i have are MAF codes to go into speed density

Senior Tuner
    You need a wideband before proceeding. Its not optional. Compare your file to this one, has settings I would be more comfortable with than yours.

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks for the help. copied everything over that you changed. ill drive it tomorrow. and im waiting on a new wideband. im using the LC-1 but it just blinks 7.4 whenever it has power going to it and the calibration light doesnt light up at all. innovate says its user error so ill go with the AEM one now lol.

I would log through the EGR as to me it was easier than using the A/C because I would actually use the AC in my truck. I didn't want to have to use a switch or unplug it to use it.

All you need to do it grab two PCM connector pins and run 2 wires to the computer. Use PIN 55 and PIN 41, pin 55 in the EGR volts/power signal and pin 41 is the sensor ground, then just enable the EGR in the tune and max the two settings. Then just make the pid for it to read out your AFR and adjust it as needed to get it really close. If you follow the write up on here is explains it pretty well, I had to tinker with it just a little and it read out good.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.