Thread: Poor idle after car is warm. 3 bar MAP sensor seems maxed out at 105kpa

Potential Tuner

Poor idle after car is warm. 3 bar MAP sensor seems maxed out at 105kpa

I have a 2001 5.3 with an S475 turbo and 80lb injectors, custom turbo cam and all the other goodies. Car runs really good, nice and strong. Tune seems to be happy most the time. But I am having 2 issues I can't iron out.

First of all I have noticed that after the car has run for a bit and the ECTs are in the 190's the car doesn't want to hold a good idle. This is also around when my 2nd fan kick on (185*F). I have a pair of Derale pushers that push 2200 cfm each. They draw a ton of amps so I don't know if there need to be some sort of signal to the motor to kick up the idle or if it would recognize the additional load on the motor and compensate automatically.

The second issue I have is I am running a 3Bar SD tune, with a GM 3 Bar map sensor. For some reason when I am running the car I never get over 105kpa. Seems like it maxes out at that point. The car runs VERY strong so I am not sure if this is an issue with calibration in my tune?? I've attached 2 log files, hoping someone can look and tell me if I am missing something here or guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by chiropaul; 09-11-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Figured out the 105kpa issue was just needing up change to the 3bar map PID.

Still having issues with the idle.