Thread: Better HighDPI support

Tuner in Training

Better HighDPI support

Is there any plans to make the software scale better in windows using a highDPI display. like an ultrabook with a QHD display, at 150% scaling it looks terrible but the interface isn't really usable at the native resolution. The icons and all the text gets blurry, it has to be on the software side as other applications don't do it.

Have you tried VCM Editor 2.25 on your display?

Post some screenshots of 2.25 Editor if you can.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Have you made any changes on 2.25 since it was released. I have an older version of it but it so gone from my profile page. Are you able to re-add the beta for me so I can make sure I try the newest one? I'll gladly submit some screen shots and can provide them at different scaling options if you would like.

Contact support for beta access.

2.25 is updated daily.

Tuner in Training
    Keith,

Here are some screens of the problem I am having with scaling.

I belive if all the graphics were converted to a vector format or if the quality used was better it would scale better. I'm not quite sure why the text is scaling so poorly.

(I couldn't get the image tool to work so I put them on imgur)

Screen 1 - http://i.imgur.com/KZq5KQx.jpg

Screen 2 - http://i.imgur.com/RzOXKtL.jpg

I will gladly help out whenever/however I can! Just let me know!

Thanks!

I'm not seeing the issue. Can you please describe to me in very clear detail what you are pointing out?

Tuner in Training
    The issue is the blurriness of everything when scaled up for a high dpi screen. For example, I have a 13" ultrabook with a QHD display (2560x1440 res). Running at this resolution makes things so small you have to be 6 inches from the screen to see it (however it is crystal clear). To get around this you use the scaling option in windows. The best place for a display of this size is 150%. So basically it "zooms in" however if a program is designed properly it still looks just as clear as it does at the native resolution. In other terms, it would make things the same size they are on a 1080 display, but you have a 1440 res so everything is sharp and clear (think newer cellphones like a retina display) The scanner works better (2.24 becomes non functional at a 200% scale. The beta fixes the layout issues but all the text and all the images and icons become blurry. I do not know if you need to up the quality embedded in the program for the images/icons or what. As far as the text, something is going on as everything it gets fuzzy as well. (text and items should actually be clearer on a higher dpi screen than on its native size counterpart).

I know it may sound like I'm just being picky, however, high dpi screens are becoming very common (surface pro 3, yoga 2, etc, etc) and as these come down, more people will be using them. The program is useable, however, the text gets blurry enough to where it is hard to use for an extended period of time, (as in starting a tune from scratch or coping a tune table by table).

Tuner in Training
    In better words, the software does scale properly in windows, as in all the controls and thing do increase in size like they are supposed to. However, it become fuzzy, pixelated and the text is blurry.

Here is a better example:

Text with scaling enabled - http://i.imgur.com/glgxfJg.jpg

Text without - http://i.imgur.com/fq0QK26.jpg