Thread: Request for Chevy Volt OEM Tune

Tuner in Training

Request for Chevy Volt OEM Tune

The Tune Repository doesn't have any Volt tuning files available, yet HPT covers them. Can someone PM me if you have one and I'll give out my email address? Thanks for any help!

Tuner
    Hello, although i cannot help you with the files you requested; i was really curious and had to ask: what do you plan on doing / modifying on a Volt. What modules do you think are unlocked to HP tuners on a volt? Are you familiar with how the volt transmissions work?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for such a delayed response, never got any updates on this posting.

I have since purchased a 2013 and am greatly enjoying it. While I did tune it with EFILive, I will probably be switching to HPTuners due to flexible fuel support. The only module that I know of being unlocked is the E78 ECM. Since it requests the torque of the total system all the way to the axles. Demanding more torque here will increase power. Love how much more power i have in my EFILive tune right now. Totally different beast that factory.

Quote Originally Posted by engimuneer View Post
    Sorry for such a delayed response, never got any updates on this posting.

I have since purchased a 2013 and am greatly enjoying it. While I did tune it with EFILive, I will probably be switching to HPTuners due to flexible fuel support. The only module that I know of being unlocked is the E78 ECM. Since it requests the torque of the total system all the way to the axles. Demanding more torque here will increase power. Love how much more power i have in my EFILive tune right now. Totally different beast that factory.

did you ever find your stock tune?

Tuner in Training
    I was given one by another member of the forum, yes. Literally haven't tuned a thing since the initial EFILive setup on E55 though. At over 20,000 miles (~300 gallons) on mostly E70-E85. Runs great, love the car, just about to do it's first oil change this week.

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever find anything to up the battery limits ?

Another forum member posted this today: https://ve.simonandre.ca/module20/

You'll have to translate it from French, since it's a Canadian web site. If you lived near NY, it might be an option.

We're still looking for a second gen Volt tune to compare with our custom first gen tune.

We feel we have something to contribute to make a tune that works for both generations.

Quote Originally Posted by engimuneer View Post
    I was given one by another member of the forum, yes. Literally haven't tuned a thing since the initial EFILive setup on E55 though. At over 20,000 miles (~300 gallons) on mostly E70-E85. Runs great, love the car, just about to do it's first oil change this week.
    If you could kindly take a read of your current tune I'd love to have a look. I'm interested in modifying torque management and throttle mapping. In NC we don't have ready access to anything other than E10.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

Engimuneer is Fuelverine's user name on HPT. He's the EFILive user I mentioned in the other thread.

Potential Tuner
    If there's any way I can help by providing my stock 2017 tune, let me know.

That would be great!

Although the first gen and second gen don't use the exact same engine, we feel comparing the cam timing should help with our tune. We think the Buick Encore-based tune (same engine as first gen) we have now is very similar to the 2nd gen Volt.