Thread: veiwing virtual ve maps in 3d

Advanced Tuner

veiwing virtual ve maps in 3d

Hey guys my mate wants me to tune his l98, but I only have tuned ls1's. Is there any other way to view virtual ve maps in 3d apart from the bluecat software. Thanks

Excel if you can be bothered or any similar software. What are you trying to achieve? Despite the Bluecat being quite simple these days, the EnhOS is free if you want to work with an actual VE table. Believe it or not, I often still use the standard OS and tune the coefficients.

Advanced Tuner
    I guess I just find the fact that I can't look at a 3d ve map like in the ls1, im just use to smoothing and checking for dips and spikes. So if you apply the 2 bar OS you can view a 3d ve map, I had a look at a few and they only had the 2 bar available. If you apply a 2 bar can you still use the MAF or is it just SD. I find adjusting the coefficients a bit daunting, does any l98's in Australia DOD.

I use the Bluecat software then copy then generated table back into a stock 2006 TBSS HPT file so I can view and smooth, then copy back to Bluecat, generate the coefficients and paste back to my HPT file.
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    I use the Bluecat software then copy then generated table back into a stock 2006 TBSS HPT file so I can view and smooth, then copy back to Bluecat, generate the coefficients and paste back to my HPT file.
    Exactly what I do, use two windows of HPT editor, one as my actual file and the other as my VE table manipulator and smoothing tool etc.

As to the enhanced OS, it's called 2.5Bar but the axes are editable to whatever resolution you want up to 33x33 cells, so you can create a high fidelity traditional VE table, and yes the MAF functions just fine if you want to retain that too. Gen4 may take a bit of getting used to and have some inherent nuances like the 0411 PCM, but overall I find the E38 faster, more forgiving, and easier to work with these days.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the help guys ill give it a try.