Thread: 00 cavalier 2.2 no historgram

00 cavalier 2.2 no historgram

I plugged in my 00 cavalier this morning and ran a log on the way to work so i could do a little playing to see if i could improve the gas mileage, But for some reason i am unable to get any of the histograms to work. They all say unsupported.

I have tried loading defaults and clearing them out and only adding in one. I have them set on the main display for like knock retards and timing advance but they will not show in the histogram no matter what i do.

Hmm, did you clear your last vehicle used?

Because then the next time you hook up the scanner it should poll all the pids that are avalible for that car, atleast thats how I think it works. I always do it when I switch cars.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Clear the last vehicle? It has been about a month since i have plugged hp in to anything. But i didnt realize i had to clear anything. I didnt remember having to do that from when i tunes an f body then a 04 truck?
    These were tuned back to back.

Under tools, options is the spot to clear your last vehicle.

F-body and the gen 3 trucks share just about everything so likely why you never saw a issue. I'm not saying this will solve it but it might work and it's something to try.

I would also update your software if you havent use it in over a month or longer, the latest builds get updated almost daily and it never hurts to do it. All that can be done from your customer page.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks. I will try this today before i leave work.... And your right i never even knew about this option. I am new to tuning and those were my first 2 vehicles to tune. Ill let you know how it goes. And ill update too.

Is this is the scanner mode?

Yeah, in the scanner.

Well no option under tools to clear. Just calculator units and options. Even updated still says not supported on all histograms. Tried changing some and same issue.

Did you click options??

Because it's in there.

I feel like such a dumb a**. I did click on it but i looked right at the imperial settings and never even seen the clear button...... My bad.

ok just went out and cleared and i saw all the white boxes. Hooked up and connected it loaded all the perimeters then it came back up with the not suported on all the histograms.

Well i have tried everything under the sun to get this to read timing and knock with no luck at al. I can take it right out and put it in about any otehr car and it will read with no modifications to the chart, sensors or pids? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the scanner auto resets when you connect it to the vehicle and click connect. old parameters not supported by the new vehicle will remain and say not supported on the primary table. the clear vehicle list resets the primary table data but if the parameter isn't supported like most aren't in the lnf and ldk then you will see those as not supported on the primary table as well. clear last vehicle also resets the internal coding on the interface module if you have the stand alone pro version. if you dont clear the the data or reset it by telling the interface to load the new scanner configuration then the new vehicle will not be fully supported on a stand alone read cycles.

5fdp had a great idea trying to use the clear vehicle as a software reset function which comes in handy but your problem is leaving parameters off the table primary. watch the video i pm'd you to correct issue.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Well watched the video and i will try and start on the advance and kr first off. When looking at the chart info i am still not sure why it will not work but then again i just kinda glanced at it before work this morning.. I will look more in depth at it this weekend.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Primary table..it's mentioned I the video I still think your skipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Primary table..it's mentioned I the video I still think your skipping it.
    I'm not skipping it. I have not even tried to make the charts work I simply took a quick look at it before I left for work. I simply meant I didn't see why it wouldn't work But again this was from a simply quick look. I have been at work all day so I am going to work on getting it to work tomorrow.