Thread: turbo tune

Last edited by blackburnwilliam; 09-11-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Post a log, I would have expected more power/higher trap out of that setup on 11 lbs.

List out all the mods including the fuel system. Timing table and fueling tables look like the need a lot of work.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Your VE is strange, another thing is your timing is very low. as you increase speeds i am sure your IAT temps are going higher, posting a log will definitely show that your timing probably is close to nothing. you should be making much more power.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Your VE table looks pretty low for 11lbs of boost.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Small exhaust turbine is your problem...

Also are you sure your fuel pressure problem is fixed?

Nothing wrong with VE or Timing table... this tune is scaled 50%

Look at the shape of the VE table. This shows a restriction in upper RPM's where the engine isn't as efficient. We had fueling issues on the dyno that day as well and I hooked an auxiliary pump up to supply enough fuel to get airflow tables correct. Verifying fueling with a wideband and fuel pressure gauge would be my first step. Also ditching those street tires for something capable of holding the power off the line. Until then you are pissing in the wind.

This car is race gas and a turbo swap away from making 700+ hp. Can't get exhaust out of a tiny turbine.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 09-09-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Small exhaust turbine is your problem...

Also are you sure your fuel pressure problem is fixed?

Nothing wrong with VE or Timing table... this tune is scaled 50%

Look at the shape of the VE table. This shows a restriction in upper RPM's where the engine isn't as efficient. We had fueling issues on the dyno that day as well and I hooked an auxiliary pump up to supply enough fuel to get airflow tables correct. Verifying fueling with a wideband and fuel pressure gauge would be my first step. Also ditching those street tires for something capable of holding the power off the line. Until then you are pissing in the wind.

This car is race gas and a turbo swap away from making 700+ hp. Can't get exhaust out of a tiny turbine.
    Ahhh ok, so there was more to the story.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Dyno Graph with DJ correction applied.

This pull peaked at 13.x psi right around peak tq and tapered off to 11psi at 5500rpm. Timing was kept conservative due to backpressure...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

I'm not saying any thing bad about my tune I am very satisfied with it. all I was looking for other turbo guys to get there opinion on it. and as for my fuel problem it is fixed im running 2 255 walbros and staying around 60psi at wot in drive. im not trying to put any body down im just asking question's.