Thread: 2013 Camaro won't enter PE

Tuner

2013 Camaro won't enter PE

Trying to get a base tune going to tune from and this thing won't enter PE. I've looked over the obvious stuff, but the car was tuned before by someone else, so there's a chance I missed something somewhere if it's buried.

There's also a substantial exhaust leak we're aware of, but I'd like to know why it's not going into PE before we take it back out (after fixing the leak). Thanks in advance for any help!

Any chance this has anything to do with it being a beta version I'm running?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Camaro SS

Tuner
    Dropped the TPS % down to 10% and it's kicking in around 30 now.
    2016 Camaro SS

I just searched hard to find what I had found before. Couldn't find any info here surprisingly, but I saw this EFI live thread before. Very helpful. Thanks to our EFI live brethren. Anyone have any idea why this is what it is?

E38-PE-TPS_01.jpg

Table - Actual
    06% - 33.3%
    08% - 38.0%
    12% - 41.8%
    14% - 45.1%
    16% - 47.2%
    18% - 49.6%
    22% - 52.8%
    30% - 61.7%
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 09-10-2014 at 12:45 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just the way gm decided to do it. Been like this since 2005 or so, nothing new.

Btw do not link to competitor sites please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Just the way gm decided to do it. Been like this since 2005 or so, nothing new.

Btw do not link to competitor sites please.
    Bill, do you know of any topics or posts here that discuss this? Is there any math behind the "conversion"?

Thanks!

PE throttle, if memory serves me right, is the percentage of open area minus the idle contribution. Basically, rotating the blade 50% puts it at a 45* angle and has 29.3% open area available.

You can do this calculation with a couple simple calcs. Convert the idle throttle position (using the ETC TPS) to an open area, which is a circle minus an ellipse. That gives you the idle contribution. Now, take the percentage logged that you want to enter PE and convert it, then subtract the idle value. Cosine is your friend with this.

Idle = percentage logged at idle
    PE = percentage logged you wish to enter PE

Value for PE table = 100*(cosine(Idle*90)-cosine(PE*90))

Let's say you have 13% to idle, and you want PE at 40% rotation.

Idle angle becomes 11.7*. PE angle is 36*. The cosines become 0.979 and 0.809, respectively. The difference is 0.170. Multiply that by 100, and you get 17.0%.

I whipped up a quick spreadsheet to calculate this, but can't post it from work. If I remember, I'll post it later.
    Last edited by DSteck; 09-10-2014 at 05:14 PM.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

PE TPS.xlsx

How does this look Dave? Thank you so much!

Tuner
    Thank you! I was just trying to fix this issue myself.