Thread: First time using software, requesting help.

Tuner in Training

First time using software, requesting help.

I bought this software a couple days ago as I have a few LS based vehicles here so I though it to be a good investment. The first vehicle I am wanting to use it on is actually a LS Swapped vehicle.

That being said I need to know what I would need to do to make ECM work with stand alone harness. I just want to get the motor fired for now.

That being said....

I have the following ECM: 2003: Serv. No. 12576106 with Hwd. No. 12570558

I need to disable VATS
    convert from DBW to DBC

Configuration is 03 6.0 with mild cam, ls6 intake with ls1 throttle body, 4l80e trans if that makes a difference. Trans is not currently connected to the torque converter as I don't have a radiator in as of yet. I have had this motor for a while now and just itching to hear this thing fire as I have never heard it run. I just want to make sure this will fire and run before I go and completely hook up the coolant system in case there is an issue.

I appreciate any insight, I hate being a newbie and asking these types of questions but I have to start somewhere.
    Last edited by biohazardbill; 09-08-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune so people can help. Vats editor>system>security?>vats change to none in the tune then you have to do a write entire. Check and make sure your pcm has the drivers for dbc. In the editor system> general> click on system that is where you make the change for dbc. I think you change ETC gmt800 to a 0 but do a search to make sure. You will probably have to do a write entire for this also.

Tuner in Training
    Hopefully the file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    well I found the vats... as far as dbw to dbc there is not option for 0.

Tuner in Training
    I got it figured out, found a stock Express van and changed the vehicle type in my file to that one as well as the binary data for that platform type. She fired first try and worked with the DBC setup...

Thanks.