Thread: a6 6r80 stripple disc stall and need it locked wot

a6 6r80 stripple disc stall and need it locked wot

so im using sct, I am planning on buying hp as soon as I finish up my trans side of my tune since w hp {from what I see on this forum] I can just read my sct tune and use it to start w instead of going over it allllll again.
    from what I see the settings and scalars and norms are a lot alike but the hp interface and software is just way better arranged and has everything put together so its not scattered to hell and back. that being said, I have a 4k stall, I can not figure out how to lock at wot! im beyond tired of flashing w this slow a$$ sct shat and not getting what im shooting for.
    im looking to lock at cruising in 5th and 6th w out coming out of lockup until I go to low in rpms or hit the brake. I got that side done.... then I try to lock wot and I am guessing im just not doing it right at allllll! not to mention im not sure which converter lock up grid to use to get it.
    any help is welcome as sct forums are pointless and non of the sct guys that mediate never respond to any real questions.
    I wish hp would have been rolling w this pcm when I got the car.... this forum has a lot more people looking to help and share.

here is a set of stacked screenshots of all the converter stuff if it helps. notice how it has 4x4 and things I don't even use.... has allllot of that in sct like turbo and all kind of things some of which do nothing for my car so whos to know if you ever adjust the right things.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    so im using sct, I am planning on buying hp as soon as I finish up my trans side of my tune since w hp {from what I see on this forum] I can just read my sct tune and use it to start w instead of going over it allllll again.
    from what I see the settings and scalars and norms are a lot alike but the hp interface and software is just way better arranged and has everything put together so its not scattered to hell and back. that being said, I have a 4k stall, I can not figure out how to lock at wot! im beyond tired of flashing w this slow a$$ sct shat and not getting what im shooting for.
    im looking to lock at cruising in 5th and 6th w out coming out of lockup until I go to low in rpms or hit the brake. I got that side done.... then I try to lock wot and I am guessing im just not doing it right at allllll! not to mention im not sure which converter lock up grid to use to get it.
    any help is welcome as sct forums are pointless and non of the sct guys that mediate never respond to any real questions.
    I wish hp would have been rolling w this pcm when I got the car.... this forum has a lot more people looking to help and share.

here is a set of stacked screenshots of all the converter stuff if it helps. notice how it has 4x4 and things I don't even use.... has allllot of that in sct like turbo and all kind of things some of which do nothing for my car so whos to know if you ever adjust the right things.
    You ever get this figured out?

Advanced Tuner
    There are a few cars in Australia here with a problem with Torque Converters not locking up with the ZF6HP26 and 32 the Ford Australia use in the falcon. If you don't have any luck with the tune side of things, get the converter checked. One that I know of had issues with the center bush flopping around, it was causing a major pressure loss. It has gone back to the USA for repair but it hasn't come back yet so cannot confirm if this was the issue 100%. This was a brand new converter also.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post

The converter being a 4C is goingto be quite loose under power so WOT lock needs certain parameters to be met (slip) as the calibration from Ford is designed to protect the relatively weak lockup clutch.

We have the same issue here with the 6HP26, we can command lockup to occur in our TCC tables but if there is excessive slip across the converter (Impellor rpm is greater than Turbine by a certain %) then it will not power the TCC solenoid to begin draining off the oil to the lockup piston.

"Speed Ratio to Lock" is something you need to look at, this % needs to be changed so that (for example) if your engine rpm is 6000 and your input shaft is turning at 4000rpm you need a speed ratio to lock of .66 or lower (I have not tuned your PCM's but that is my understanding). If your car is set to 0.85 from factory it will need input shaft rpm to be at 5100rpm in the above example to achieve this.

Daniel