Thread: injector tuning with boost & BR-FPR

Advanced Tuner

injector tuning with boost & BR-FPR

i've been doing some searching and am try to get a good grasp on setting up the injectors in a car i'm correcting a HACKED tune on. It has 80# Siemens injectors. the current tune has stock injector data with 55lb/hr flatlined in the IFR table. Obviously this is wrong, based on what i've read.

The injectors flow 80#/hr @ 3bar. This car is set up at 58psi with a boost-referenced fuel pressure regulator, but the "tuner" didn't hook up the vacuum/boost line, and as it turns out, the regulator leaks fuel into the manifold when it IS hooked up so we're ordering a new one that doesn't leak. With the pressure set at 4bar(58psi), the injectors actually flow 92.376#/hr according to my math. Is this the value i want in the IFR table instead of 55?

I have input all of the data for these injectors from my Banish spreadsheet, as if it were a NA setup. I've read the Offset table should be flatlined as well, but have read conflicting statements on how to do this. As i understand it, i should copy the values in the "0" column and paste them into the other columns along the kpa-axis. Is that right?

I'm just trying to get a handle on tuning this car. The only boosted vehicles i've tuned were ZL1/ZR1 or other things that were already boosted from the factory. I don't like tuning off of another guy's hacked tune but it has to be done. i've already constructed a new VE and Spark table, worked on idle airflow, and some other small mechanical things that needed fixed just so he can drive it around his property or down to a cruise night. It isn't right, but it runs without holding the throttle and it doesn't pour fuel out the tailpipes anymore. I want to be sure i have the injectors calibrated correctly before real digging into the VE tuning.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    is this correct?

injdatascrnsht.png

Advanced Tuner
    Anybody? Am i way off or what?

What you have done is correct.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!