Thread: Siemens 80 Idle rich

Tuner in Training

Siemens 80 Idle rich

Im trying to dial in these injectors in my ls2 c6 with no luck to get them idle right
    I used the data from Grag DVD
    Also I'm trying to scale the tune by 50% what table exactly should I adjust ? I scaled high/low timing table, MAF, VE , startup Airflow table what else should I scale
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Also for the New injector flow rate do I have to cut value half of the 80lb or 92.5lb ? because these injs are 80lb @43psi my fuel pressure is 58psi

Advanced Tuner
    Half the flow value at actual operating pressure.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone????????????????????????

Not at my computer but every table value that is in g, g/sec and g/cyl. This includes values such as spark who's axis is based on airflow and more importantly Torque (derived using airflow) for automatic transmission operation. In these cases you have to offset the table cell values by realigning the axis per the scaling factor. For example if the spark requirement for 1.0 g/cyl is 26*, then that 26* has to be relocated to the corresponding RPM cell at .48 g/cyl. Search "DSteck scaling", he has a good writeup on the process. Gregs second DVD also goes real deep into the process.

As far as idling rich, you can try lowering the transient mass value. The 80's are lnown for this issue....good down the track perfromance, tough to idle at times.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 09-08-2014 at 05:25 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]