Thread: 2002 Z28 stuck in limp mode. NO CODES

Potential Tuner

2002 Z28 stuck in limp mode. NO CODES

so i swapped my 6 spd car to an auto over the weekend. i used a verified good trans, flashed an auto tune, checked and rechecked all my wiring, checked fuel pressure, changed fuel filter, changed plugs, cleaned MAF, reset fuel trims, etc. No luck. the car ran great as a 6 spd but one day started to lose power, so i dont think it has something to do with limp mode. the car lights no codes and while in park/neutral revs fine. if i manually shift into 2nd it has power. i have attached a log. the LTFTs and STFTs are negative and fluctuate rapidly. when i touch the throttle they all go back down to zero. if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    well i dont think its in limp mode because it seems like it shifts. just no balls. i changed injector flow rate to see if that changed anything but still the LTFTs and STFTs pin out negative. heres the scan with the lower injector flow rate

Post a tune

Potential Tuner
    dont mind the injector flow rate. i gotta change them back to stock.

First, reset the fuel trims in the scanner while the vehicle is plugged in and running. Those LTFT are kinda ridiculous. Do you have a wideband? The problem could be a number of things. Auto transmissions steal more power than manuals. Is it a huge power loss, slight, or a moderate one? Any mods to the car?

Potential Tuner
    When I reset the trims with the car running they almost immediately pin out negative. However I was driving the car earlier today and the ltfts stayed very close to 0. It is still a slug though. I think it's in limp mod but no codes. I have 12v going to the trans but I have it spliced into the ignition wire for the PCM. I'm thinking there isn't enough power going to the trans or the trans may have a harness issue inside. If I manually put it in 2nd it will haul ass but it goes into OD and locks out at very low speed