Thread: Changing gears (first HPT calibration)

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up Changing gears (first HPT calibration)

Hey Guys,

I just bought this software. I have zero tuning experience, but I am extremely intrigued! Cant wait to learn more and gain confidence.

Here is what I have:

2004 Silverado CCSB 4x4
    5.3 w/ TVS 2300
    4L80e swap (built)
    Yank PTB 3200 triple disk converter
    etc,etc

I just swapped gears from the 3.73 to 4.10

I want to change my ratio in the speedo section, but am not sure if I should auto scale the transmission tables or not.....

what does this do? will it disrupt my current transmission tune?

Thank you for any help! I cant wait to learn more on here and maybe even help others someday!

Derrick

Hi. Learning the program was frustrating and confusing to me at first but taking small steps definitely helped. Basically what autoscaling the trans tables does, is changes the shift MPH according to the changed parameters. It also changes when you modify tire size. In your case, the transmission would need to shift at a slower MPH. This is because at say, 30mph in second gear, your truck is running at a higher rpm than before. Autoscaling corrects this, or you can do it manually by yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome thank you. That is right on what I imagined it would do, but better safe than sorry. Auto scaling will adjust my current shift parameters to suit the new gears.