Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling Speed density Gurus, help with 2bar custome OS

Tuner in Training

Calling Speed density Gurus, help with 2bar custome OS

I bought an APS GTO M6 with a crappy tune, (I know who did the tuning). It has the 2bar enhanced os I need to know how to properly do away with the MAF to run only SD, or should I?. Injector IFR is set Don't have any other injector specs, RC injector doesn't provide them. Return fuel system with boost referenced regulator. set at 43.5 psi base with vacuum unplugged. I have a lean condition up to 3600 rpm above 105kpa then goes into pe all the sudden. All pe delays are all but 0. Above this all is good. I'm thinking it's still looking at the MAF but don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Check you PE EQ table and PE TPS enable tables.
    2005 Silverado RCSB 408 stroker
    11.41 @ 117mph 1.52 60' N/A
    9.98 @ 135.8mph 1.42 60' 250shot tuned by me

1997 S10 5.3 12.31 @ 108.43mph 1.79 60' N/A

Pontiac G8 GT 12.94 @ 107.94 tuned by me

2004 GMC Duramax Diesel AKA Spike Hauler

Tuner in Training
    PE Eq is 11.76 commanded all the way across, PE TPS is at 5%. I'm thinking dynamic airflow table, I'm thinking it's still looking at the MAF that's why I want to disable completely. I've done everything I've read but it still seems to be blending. I really just want to tune this SD only and leave it.

Tuner in Training
    So I've logged this until i got some long pulls so someone can see this. Starts out ok as I get into pe, then climbs lean then all the sudden at 3600 rpms it comes alive and fueling comes back, car jumps with power, of course. Please take a look at this log and tune and advise me. i'm missing something. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

The first thing I noticed is that you said around 3600rpm, the truck really kicks. Coincidentally, your tune is set to reference MAF, but only 3600rpm and above. Under that RPM it is referencing the SD portion of your tune. If you are lean up to that point you should adjust the SD table(s) accordingly.

sdtune.jpg

Tuner in Training
    I saw that and fattened the boost ve table with no change. Look at the log you"ll see where the fuel comes in at 3600 and the wideband goes rich and flat. Just trying to wrap my head around this. What's the purpose of 2bar enhanced if you're not using map only? I've tuned supercharged vehicles with maf (1bar) and pe with no problems. I built this car for a customer 7 years ago, but he wanted 2bar enhanced os and another tuner to tune it. So that's what happened. Tune has never been right but he was happy with it, stumble, lean and all. Car only made 501 rwhp because the tuner was getting too much kr in places because it was lean so he backed out the timing. Now I own the car and I don't like it, plus it's plain to see it's not right. So do I go back to MAF only? or blend? Time for more school....

If you want ve only, set those rpms to 8192rpm and 8000rpm. Try playing with the primary ve table also. You are having problems above 105kpa, which is where the boost ve begins. The primary ve table is everything prior to that, which is where you were saying you were having the lean condition.

Tuner in Training
    Having trouble under 3600, above 105, in boost.I think I need the mafia out of play if the email looks at it first under 3600. Is it all makes above 3600 the way it's set now? That's what I'm trying to understand, not just make changes I don't get..

Under 3600rpm it is looking at VE table. Above 3600 it is looking at filtered MAF readings. To disable MAF, set the rpm in the picture circled to the max rpm, and 100rpm below max respectively. I can't look at the tune on my phone right now, but if your maf fail HZ isn't set to 0 also do that. I had a problem with my car still referencing the MAF even with maf fail set to 0hz. Unplugging the MAF is good insurance also.

\you need to set both high and low MAF fail to 0hz, and as mentioned already set your dynamic to 8192, and 8191.
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha. I'll try those two things now. I also read I need to set p0101, 102, and 103 to fail and not "no fail reported" or it won't go into sd. So I'll do them all and drive and let you know. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Well, no go. It just moved the problem to 4186 rpm. I've looked at everything I know. Can someone look at my log & tune posted at the top? I'm really stumped. I added 10% more across the board to the pe table and all it did was make the AFR richer after the hiccup! Also the MAF does not appear to be disabled yet. It didn't set any codes??

How much boost are you running? For SD it needs the DTC's set like this. Do you still have the cats on it? Do not log any MAF pids at this time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by c.u; 09-06-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Running 7.3 psi, 153 kpa. DTC's are set just like you show. No cats. I don't think I'm logging maf, probably should look. Why shouldn't I? Thanks for looking for me. Just came back from another short logging after increasing ramp in rate to 1.5, did nothing. I'm going to post this log. Take a look at the long pulls. Fueling comes in at 100 kpa, right where I have boost enrich set, then trails off until 4186 rpm, (was 3600 until I moved dynamic air enable and disable rpms like a previous poster told me) Then it's on, slam you in the seat like a 2 stroke coming on the pipe!! After 4186 afr is perfect flat. It's rich, but flat. I'm stumped.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    C.U , on another note, I don't think the maf is failed, I have no codes and I can disconnect it and the engine dies. Something is screwy or I'm missing it altogether. I guess I can try and scale the maf tomorrow and see if it helps. But it's pe that's majorly delayed I'm thinking, It looks way late. I was starting to think mechanical, like fuel pressure, has a new aeromotive 340 1 week old. If you look at the log at 4186 rpms fuel goes rich, injector pulse jumps 20% and so does injector duty cycle. The narrow band o2's also prove this out. It's being commanded for sure just can't see from where....

Tuner in Training
    is your IAT still in the MAF? if not just unplug the maf. I can see it is still reading the maf input.

Tuner in Training
    if it is still in the maf, you can unplug it and just make a jumper harness to the IAT

4 spots below "MAF fail high," is a thing called "Min test RPM" and it is set to 8192rpm. "Minimum RPM before frequency tests can run" I'm not familiar with this, but perhaps it is the reason why your MAF is still being referenced. My DD is set to 300rpm stock.

Tuner in Training
    You are probably right, so it's not even starting to run the test so it can't fail it. I may have the answer in another thread someone had the same issue with an e38. I've seen his issue just didn't think it applied here but evidently does. Pe enable vs tps has to be set to 5% across the board and let map bring in pe. Otherwise it's way late like mine is. Can't keep raping the ve table trying to add fuel. Going to try in the morning. Going to change that test rpm too. Good eye. Thanks a million!

Advanced Tuner
    Im not to fimilair with the 2 bar specific, ive actully never tuned a boosted vehicle to be honest... but from a quick glance I think you need to set you maf fail low and high to 0 , not just the high.

In your DTC's, unless 2 bar is different then the normal SD tune . Your MAF codes p0101 p0102 p0103 should be set at 2 - no mil. You have them set at no error which sometimes wont allow the car to go into speed density

Id also Set your PE to 2.0, and why so lean in your PE vs RPM table? your shooting for 13.6 under 1500 rpms

One other thing, in your open loop Eq ratio , you have 10.0 . Was that a accident ? Did you mean to write 1.0 ?

Turn off cat over temp protection aswell
    Last edited by Maxspeed96ct; 09-07-2014 at 07:05 AM.