Thread: Stumble on Accel, any ideas.

Stumble on Accel, any ideas.

02 Camaro, LS6, M6, Fast 92/92TB, fast 36#, LT's, CAI, unknown cam.

been having a lot of issues with the car and have fixed a few mechanical issues that the last shop tried to tune around.

I started this morning by trying to redo my VE tune and then moving to my MAF tune. It seemed that no matter what I did to my VE table I could not get fuel trims to go below -12.5 in most cases.

the wide band shows lean most of the time and my fuel trims are almost always negative. after 6-7 attempts at scaling the VE the way it shows in the tuning school manual I moved on to MAF to see if I could have any results with that. MAF tuning went about the same way, car does not seem to respond to changes. the car right now still idles a bit lean on the wideband and is leaner in cruise then I would like it.

it also has a pretty good stumble in it, I think that the "lean" spikes in the logs were due to misfires from the car stumbling. it stumbles pretty hard whenever there is a load on the car under 2k RPM, it also stumbles anytime you try and give it more throttle (If you are cruising at steady RPM then try to accelerate). It seems to happen worse if you slowly roll into the throttle, if you stab it quick then it hesitates but then comes on pretty strong.

here is the current tune I am using and 2 logs, the first log is one I took from a semi cold start through a little cruise using a basic config, the second log is using a different config doing another short cruise.

Is this issue still in the VE table? what would cause multiple changes to the VE to not respond?

thanks for any advice
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    looks to me like your injector data is wrong

I have thought that also, I scaled the injector data correctly to a table I found on the forums and the car wouldn't run for crap with them scaled like that, should I scale them and redo the VE and MAF tune again?

Tuner in Training
    thats what i would do