Thread: 5th gen 4L80e speedo issue with PCS2000 controller

5th gen 4L80e speedo issue with PCS2000 controller

I have connected the speedo output from the PCS controller to pin 71 of the pcm which is the VSS hi circuit. The result is the speedo barely moving off the stop despite trying a number of combinations of calibrations within the pcm and pcs controller. It is a terrible pain to try to tune wot shift points without a good speedo signal and besides the speedo really needs to work anyway. I was told there is a way to make the vehicle read the abs wheel speed instead of the transmission output shaft but tried changing a few of the drop boxes in the speedo tab of hp tuners without any luck. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Squirrel stuff

Tuner in Training
    Does the speedometer eventually start to read? Is the PCM2000 reading a correct speed input? What parameters do you have it calculating for speed?

Have you played around with your trigger levels and filter values? Is pin 9 for speedometer output sending a signal?

The simple solution is to junk that PCS and run a T42.

Is the dash speedo not reading anything? I'm pretty sure that reads off of a wheel speed sensor. The last Camaro I saw with a PCS worked like that.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by topher455 View Post
    I have connected the speedo output from the PCS controller to pin 71 of the pcm which is the VSS hi circuit. The result is the speedo barely moving off the stop despite trying a number of combinations of calibrations within the pcm and pcs controller. It is a terrible pain to try to tune wot shift points without a good speedo signal and besides the speedo really needs to work anyway. I was told there is a way to make the vehicle read the abs wheel speed instead of the transmission output shaft but tried changing a few of the drop boxes in the speedo tab of hp tuners without any luck. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!

If you can't figure it out let us know. We have a plug and play kit for those cars that retain factory gauges, shifter function, cruise control, etc. Lets you run a 4lXX in a 6lXX car. If you feed the PCM the VSS signal normally no changes are needed in the ECM file. You may need a pull up resistor to get it to work properly though.

http://www.pcmofnc.com/index.php/per...ersion-harness
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

I forgot about this thread. Sorry guys. The car was originally an m6 so I couldnt used the adapter harness. The pcs speedo output sucks and they said you cant make it output the signal the car needs so I had to tap the output speed signal wire from the trans directly to the pcm then adjust to 40 ppm and go to calibration as speedo source.
    Squirrel stuff