Thread: Blow a fuse every time I plug in the cable

Potential Tuner

Blow a fuse every time I plug in the cable

Hi all,
    Just bought the VCM Suite and each time I plug it into my OBD-II port, then my computer (Dell) I blow all my dash lights and power is lost to the OBD-II port so I can't scan my ECM, TCM to load my tune.
    Do I have a bad cable? Took me forever to discover it wasn't a short in my car's wiring as I went through the whole car first before I figured it was the cable or computer.

Any help or ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you plugging the obd2 cable directly to your pc or obd2 to hptuners interface to usb cable to pc? a picture of how you have it setup would be helpful.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    are you plugging the obd2 cable directly to your pc or obd2 to hptuners interface to usb cable to pc? a picture of how you have it setup would be helpful.
    Okay everybody move on, nothing to see here, go about your day please....

I had the OBD-II cable plugged into the DVI on my computer, then the USB from the interface plugged into my usb port. For those who don't know anything, plug the cable into the interface then the interface into your usb on your computer. didn't even notice the DVI connection on the interface (DUH!).

Working now, LOL.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, I kinda figured ;-)

You aren't the first, won't be the last either.