Thread: General Question: Weak Battery AFR Issues? Injectors Slow?

General Question: Weak Battery AFR Issues? Injectors Slow?

So my car warms up it leans out........ When the car is first started it's usually more rich.

Just had it in for a service and they said the battery is going.... Would this thus then slow down the injector responses which may be causing issues with the AFR?

I run it in openloop.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Well how is the charging system doing??

Whats the voltage while running? Because you could have a battery that is getting weaker in it's cranking amps but your system can still be charging at 13-14.5 volts like normal.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    What injector data are you running? The offset table references voltage to keep them in line. Voltage changes all the time, like in the winter when you have the defrost (ac compressor, cooling fan and blower motor) on during a snow storm with the wipers, and headlights, while you're sitting in traffic at idle, or when you're cruising down the highway at 75 mph on a sunny 75 degree day with the windows down the AC off, and no headlights or wipers...that's why that table/data is there.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    What injector data are you running? The offset table references voltage to keep them in line. Voltage changes all the time, like in the winter when you have the defrost (ac compressor, cooling fan and blower motor) on during a snow storm with the wipers, and headlights, while you're sitting in traffic at idle, or when you're cruising down the highway at 75 mph on a sunny 75 degree day with the windows down the AC off, and no headlights or wipers...that's why that table/data is there.
    I will keep messing with it. I'm going to charge the battery up over the weekend..... I've gone all directions to try and sort this out, you know when you've gone the wrong way because drivability goes to crap.

Im now looking at my o2's and ltfts vs the wideband....... to adjust the ve table more, looking at the maf section of dynamic

I feel like the whole car needs like a complete rewrite probably like most cars........ with charge temps, transients, idle stuff ...... timing tables for coasting, main timing, adaptive timing...... its too much work.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Pretty sure my battery is going......... so Im going to replace it......... its about 3-4 years old..... and Ive added a twin amp stereo back then without upgrading it.........

Charging it up on the weekend didnt work, seems to dissipate unhooked to below 12v overnight so......

Going to grab a 100 cca amp higher battery with about 20mins more reserve to cover the stereo addition etc...... should be enough, cant really afford a beast of a battery right now so.

Its running a 600cca with a 90 min reserve, going for a 700cca with a 110 min reserve i think it is...