Thread: 97 C5 random stalling on decel

Tuner in Training

97 C5 random stalling on decel

Hey guy's,

This is the first car I have ever tuned. I runs really well but it will randomly die sometimes when coming to a stop in neutral or when the clutch is pressed. If the rpm's do catch themselves the idle is very smooth. I have been fighting this issue for about a month and nothing I tried has seemed to work. I've tried playing with the timing, adjusting RAF and the throttle cracker as well as retuning my VE and MAf tables. I'm still very new to this so I'm sure I am just over looking something. Car is ran in OL full time and was tuned with a innovate mtxl wideband ran through the EGR pid. Any and all help is appreciated.

97 Corvette
    manual trans
    232\234 112lsa cam
    Dart 225cc heads
    fast 78 w/stock TB
    LT's
    #42 green tops

I uploaded 2 scans and the current tune in the car, but i cant get the config file to attach for some reason, I'll keep trying though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Deputy_Dangle; 09-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Also here is a scan of it dying at speed when i pressed in the clutch. Frame 1599

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have any idea's??

Tuner in Training
    check your iac counts and make sure they are in line

Tuner in Training
    I was under the impression the IAC counts didn't mean anything on DBW cars. Is this not true? I made another scan last night after making some changes to the throttle cracker and although the car never died it still over shoots idle and surges. It looks to me like the timing swings pretty drastically around 2000rpm on decel, I am going to try some changes to the timing today and see if it helps any.

Tuner in Training
    Today I added about 60% to the the lower end of the throttle cracker table and upped the timing to around 28* around idle and lower engine speeds. The car never died on me after these changes but it does have a very slight surge sometimes as the idle falls to around 850rpm and jumps up to about 1200rpm where it will stay until I reach zero mph. I think I may have added too much air to the TC and its causing the surge. Any suggestions? Unfortunately I haven't got a scan of this yet.