Thread: 04 2500 gmc wont make boost

Tuner in Training

04 2500 gmc wont make boost

My o4 truck hits 100 kpa and stalls I have 3 bar setup. I was thicking mabe ther was a max kpa for soming

Senior Tuner
    Cant help you with out at least the tune and preferablly also a log.

I like playing guessing games

I bet he didn't populate the boost part of the VE table after converting to 3 Bar
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    I like playing guessing games

I bet he didn't populate the boost part of the VE table after converting to 3 Bar
    lol, no bets here

Tuner in Training
    here is the tune it has dbw on it 76 mm turbo 60lb inj. with 3 bar os
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I dount have a good scan to post but any help would be alsome.

Senior Tuner
    Be easier with a scan...........what map do you have?

Tuner in Training
    its a 3bar map from crossfire injection. The scan I got is bad because it didn't have 3 bar map pid on but I know it wasn t making boost because boost gauge would it 0 psi and the motor would fall on it face. I will try to get a good scan tomorrow im getting over the flu.

Tuner in Training
    I am still learning myself, but I question the low octane spark advance table?

You are commanding too little timing advance. Set your boost controller to 8 psi, then raise the high and low octane tables to at least 12 degrees from 1.0 to 1.20 g/cyl and 2200 RPM up to redline, you will see a huge improvement.
    Make both high and low octane tables the same for the time being, you need a steady timing while tuning. You can return to low octane map when tuning is finished.
    Then tune the VE table, when it's tuned to 8 PSI raise the boost and continue tuning VE table.
    12 degrees of timing will be good up to 16 PSI of boost, no need to go too low.

Set the Spark AFR Correction table to all zeros and change the IAT Spark correction table to something more realistic, you are pulling an awful lot of timing there.

When fuel is tuned then fine-tune timing advance, each degree you add will make tons of power. Don't get greedy.
    How much boost do you plan to use?
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    12 to 14 lbs of boost I do not have a meth setup so I dount want to go too high. Thanks for the input I will make the changes before my scan tomorrow and post it

Tuner in Training
    What's a ideal iat setup
    Last edited by bryanb; 09-03-2014 at 03:21 AM.

You don't want to go all out with boost until you have a good grasp of forced induction tuning.
    I don't want to be rude, but I advise you to take baby steps. Start with 6 psi of boost, take your time tuning fuel and spark. When you are comfortable with the results go 8 psi and so on.
    A forced induction engine is not a good setup to start learning. They are very unforgiving and an error will cost you the engine
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    I got a small log I had a issue with fuel pump sucking air had to stop. Could somebody take a look at it and see if any thing else could be added to help me tune this out.
    Attached Files Attached Files