Thread: Stock LS2 GTO, what to do?

Stock LS2 GTO, what to do?

Like the title says, brother just bought a stock LS2 GTO. M6 trans. What does this setup lack for tuning to start with? He will modify the crap out of it I'm sure, but wanted to start somewhere with the tune. Thanks to all.

I don't rape PE tables cause I don't know what I am doing anyway....

Had hoped somebody had played with a stock GTO but I guess not.

I'm sure there are many things that you can change to make it more fun even with it stock.

Factory power enrich tables are slow and lazy, like they wont come all the way alive with the long delay til 5,000 rpms, the throttle % is set super high at like 90%. Some torque mngt can be taken away to help. Without a file to look at it, I personally couldnt say exactly what you could change.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks, I will play with the power enrich some and see if that wakes it up more. He scared himself some after finding the traction control button and shutting it off.

Remove torque management, cleanup AFR (if he has a wideband), timing can be added at WOT and VE/MAF tuning part throttle.