Thread: Help Tuning SRT-4

Tuner in Training

Help Tuning SRT-4

Afternoon,

I need alittle help with tunning my 05 SRT-4 its running lean and getting alot of knock somewhere here are the files. my WOT AFR are 13.6
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Immediately I'm seeing some big red flags with the commanded Stoich FA values. You have values of .0846 for Odd/Even, and a neutral value (meaning neither odd or even, just "stoich) of .1146.

.0846 = 11.82:1 AFR
    .1146 = 8.73:1 AFR

Unless you're actually trying to run Ethanol in this thing, those values are WAY out in left field. Also, all 3 of those commanded values (FA Stoich, FA Stoich Even, and FA Stoich Odd) ought to match each other, and for gasoline, should be around .0680, which is equal to 14.7:1.

With those values plugged in, your fuel trims have got to be WAY crazy on the negative side. I'm surprised you're not seeing AFRs in the 9's at WOT with values like those. You need to start at that point (fix your stoich AFR values), and determine if you don't possibly have an exhaust leak or something else throwing off your AFRs.

Tuner in Training
    OK ill check for exhaust Leaks and Stuff. and re calibrate my AFR Gauge. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    does any one know how to Re scale for 3 bar map sensor.

Tuner
    Yes there a few tables you have to input data which 3 bar maps you have?

Tuner in Training
    i have the mopar 3 bar maps that came from MP Perfomance.

Tuner
    You have to input the new data to all these tables, BTW this are already scaled for Mopar 3 bar maps ( caliber 3bar) and rescale your fuel and timing maps

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, i will look at this. Is this a copy of your 3 bar map sensor'

never mind i just look at mine. it does need to be updated. thanks.
    Last edited by 4DoorBandit; 10-14-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I tried it that way and the car didn't want to start. but this was with a tune that i already modified. I will start with the stock tune and go from there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorBandit View Post
    I tried it that way and the car didn't want to start. but this was with a tune that i already modified. I will start with the stock tune and go from there.
    OK, please don't take this the wrong way, but I strongly advise against you doing any further tuning on your car. There are SO many things wrong with your map...

I understand you said you were going to start from scratch (base tune), but based on the changes that you've made to the current MAP, well, to put it quite bluntly, I don't think you have a clue as to what you're doing.

Seriously, I'm not intending to put you down, I'm simply saying that you may not be up to speed on what you're doing. It almost looks like you've simply made a bunch arbitrary of guesses.

Your MAP sensor scaling is WAY off from what it ought to be, despite someone having posted the exact settings that you ought to be using. Your FA stoich values are the equivalent to 10.26:1 (this is what you're commanding during closed loop where it ought to be 14.7:1, unless you're running an alcohol/gasoline mixture), then you're adding a whole extra boat load of commanded enrichment on top of that in your power enrichment map.

Are you sure it's worth the risk of blowing your motor?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    OK, please don't take this the wrong way, but I strongly advise against you doing any further tuning on your car. There are SO many things wrong with your map...

I understand you said you were going to start from scratch (base tune), but based on the changes that you've made to the current MAP, well, to put it quite bluntly, I don't think you have a clue as to what you're doing.

Seriously, I'm not intending to put you down, I'm simply saying that you may not be up to speed on what you're doing. It almost looks like you've simply made a bunch arbitrary of guesses.

Your MAP sensor scaling is WAY off from what it ought to be, despite someone having posted the exact settings that you ought to be using. Your FA stoich values are the equivalent to 10.26:1 (this is what you're commanding during closed loop where it ought to be 14.7:1, unless you're running an alcohol/gasoline mixture), then you're adding a whole extra boat load of commanded enrichment on top of that in your power enrichment map.

Are you sure it's worth the risk of blowing your motor?

No put down what so ever. the problem with this map is one. we tried to tune this car with a lot of things that was wrong with it. second my buddy had a part in this because he used EMLink or what ever the tuning software is for DSM Cars, This is the Reason I said I was going back to base. I notice that to when converting everything over. I am new to this whole tuning world and need to understand how to do this the right way. so I will start with base and trying reading over the thing. the last map I posted is not what is running in the car. its what I tried to do and it didn't want to start. the map posted all the way at the top is what is running in the car at 13.1 AFR but I still don't it is right which is why I'm driving my G8 and not the NSRT4 at the moment.

Tuner in Training
    If anyone is Interested

The Set-up on the car is

Rebuilt Bottom End
    Redone Heads
    Stock Turbo
    AGP Wastegate
    Aftermarket BOV
    Nothing on PCM Control
    Running 19 - 17 PSI

Tuner
    If anyone is Interested

The Set-up on the car is

Rebuilt Bottom End
    Redone Heads
    Stock Turbo
    AGP Wastegate
    Aftermarket BOV
    Nothing on PCM Control
    Running 19 - 17 PSI
    Are you running stock injectors?

all I can tell you is that I come from the DSM/EVO tuning world and the tuning principles are the same but diffrent way of doing the same thing it did took me a lot of research a lot of reading and asking the correct people.
    Doing a lot of trial and error testing to fully understand the way HPt works on Dodge, I finaly was able to setup my injectors within +-3% on my trims, I know how difficult this can be when you look for answers and they hard to come.

Tuner in Training
    Yes stock injectors
    255 fuel pump.

If someone wants to tune it I'm all for it. This is a different animal. I don't have time to sit in a corner and read up. But sounds like I just might have to.

Yes stock injectors
    255 fuel pump.

If someone wants to tune it I'm all for it. This is a different animal. I don't have time to sit in a corner and read up. But sounds like I just might have to.
    Ditch the stock injectors cause those max out even before a the stock turbo does

Tuner in Training
    I want to get it running right first before I do that. The car was never tune. Just parts thorwn at it to make it go fast once I do that then I would start changing things.

I want to get it running right first before I do that. The car was never tune. Just parts thorwn at it to make it go fast once I do that then I would start changing things.
    Get bigger inj and then re-scale for the inj and build your tune off that. It's a waste of time to try and get it running right when those inj wont work much past stock. If you want to go that route then return the car to stock and start tuning then add parts and adjust. I just think you are making it harder on yourself

Tuner in Training
    I have RC 750 CC INJECTORS there SLH is that ok for them.

Tuner in Training
    Does Any one have a file i can used to do the Stock tune with the 3 bar map re scale