Thread: Looking for opinions

Potential Tuner

Looking for opinions

I've been on this site for a little while mainly reading and researching, I just wanted to post my tune and log just to see what yall think so far. I'm still in the "tuning" process so i know its no where near done. Just wanted to see if I am going in the right direction.

Specs:
    Stock LQ4 engine with rod bolts
    BTR dual valve springs
    TU2 cam
    88Lb deatsch werks injectors
    Dual 044 fuel pumps (one is only hooked up)
    AEM AFPR
    S480 turbo
    ls1 intake manifold
    t-56 w/ LS7 clutch and flywheel

Ive been playing with the VE table, (Which I haven't Smoothed from the last update) haven't really did too many WOT runs yet, (keep blowing couplers) I'm not too sure where to begin on my spark table. I have borrowed a few ideas from the repository. It idles and drives fine. Just wanted to go into the tuning for boost next, but figured I need an outside opinion until then. Any opinions and critiques are welcome
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1liftedz; 08-29-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Your VE table is all choppy with major issues. It will have smooth transitions if you are adjusting correctly. Are you
    certain your wideband is set up correctly and the sensor itself is working properly?

Potential Tuner
    I know it's rough. I haven't smoothed the last "update" out yet. I figured I would give the raw results. Yea I'm sure my wideband is set up. What's screwing me up is when I'm letting off the pedal or just simply cruising, my WB is leaner then when I'm on the throttle. Which is why I set up two more histograms that are based off of the TPS. That tune isn't currently loaded on my car yet. I'll do that after I smooth it out

use a histogram filter that requires wheel accel/decel <10 and TPS > 0.4 for non-idle logging (driving around).

Then log idle with a separate identical histogram where it contains a filter that requires TPS < 0.5 / and mph= 0
    (sitting in place stopped)

You will see the PIDs in the parameter table when you click on the blue question mark while setting up your histogram.

Potential Tuner
    I'll have to do that. Thanks for the heads up. That would make life a lot easier