Thread: Coyote WOT fuel transition

Tuner in Training

Coyote WOT fuel transition

How do we get the 11+ GT's to target the WOT lambda table sooner? Will lowering the "pedal pos WOT start" value in airflow/ETC achieve this? I'm already entering OP mode under the VCT settings pretty aggressively, I'd like to see fueling richen up to my WOT targets before I'm 100% throttle...

Tuner in Training
    Well that didn't do it

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune

In the mean time, under the open/closed loop tab. Lower the values in the OL Fuel Pedal table.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks PST, that did it. I had looked at it previously but the labeling is deceiving... since the car never truly runs open loop...

Advanced Tuner
    I asked Eric about this a few weeks ago. His statement was something to the effect of once a coyote goes closed loop...it never goes back to open. I've lowered the optimum power enable as well as the ol fuel pedal. I've got over 100 logs...not one shows ol under the fuel status unless it's in warm up. When my fuel system status hit CL-Normal...that's where it stays.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Tuner in Training
    Yes I'm aware of this behavior, the only time it's ever in true OL is during the programmed delay waiting for the O2 sensors to warm up, from what I've seen.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe thats because of the wideband sensors. The PCM can more safely make fueling adjustments based on them, in conditions that we would traditionally want to be in true open loop with no fueling corrections with narrow band sensors.

But the table I pointed you to, is what tells the PCM to start looking at the open loop fuel table for its targets. Without that, it stays targeting stoich. Theres another adjustment that changes how fast it transitions to the open loop target too.

I have been trying to make all the optimum power conditions come on at the same time. The factory tune on this car didnt do this, but to me it makes sense for it to all come on at the same time.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah the car has really nice O2's on it, LSU 4.9's IIRC. What is the delay table? I haven't seen this one yet, seems I go into the WOT fuel targets pretty much the moment I cross the throttle threshold.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    did you change the Cylinder WOT airflow multiplier from 1.1 to 2? under fuel under airflow>general and max multiplier to be the same
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

That OL fuel pedal table is interesting..

Stock it's a static 6500rpm and 90 pedal position..

Could you scale that from like 3-7000 and have WOT fueling start at whatever pedal position you define?

i.e. anywhere above 3500, have it start WOT fueling at say 50 or 60 pedal position? I'm thinking this would make brake boosting a turbo car much easier.
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    since these cars run in closed loop at all times. that table may not do anything for you, but i have made changes to them before like 1000 to 7500 starting at 90 to 40 % and didnt notice anything different
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    since these cars run in closed loop at all times. that table may not do anything for you, but i have made changes to them before like 1000 to 7500 starting at 90 to 40 % and didnt notice anything different
    Ya that's what I was thinking as well. I have just been lowering the wot start to around 300 to force WOT fueling before actually going WOT. I'm not sure if that's a bandaid persay but it seems to work ok for the application.
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

I've always thought that the parameter name was a bit misleading, since lowering it does not put the car in open loop like it would appear. I will make a note of this and change the name and description soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    did you change the Cylinder WOT airflow multiplier from 1.1 to 2? under fuel under airflow>general and max multiplier to be the same
    Of course, been doing Ford's for quite a few years.

I didn't bother reindexing that table, but putting it down to 60 worked like a charm for me.

Advanced Tuner
    While it may not be in true open loop per se, it does bring in the so called open loop fuel tables commanded lambda values sooner. Works for me with this Procharged coyote rather well.