Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cam and wont idle

Senior Tuner
    Problem is not with your tune, you have a bad scanner vehicle data file. This is usually the correct path, if you installed differently you will have to find the path.

My Documents-Hptuners-VCM Scanner-Vehicles, should have files ending in .os. Delete all the files in the folder, then reconnect to the truck and 02 sensor should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Problem is not with your tune, you have a bad scanner vehicle data file. This is usually the correct path, if you installed differently you will have to find the path.

My Documents-Hptuners-VCM Scanner-Vehicles, should have files ending in .os. Delete all the files in the folder, then reconnect to the truck and 02 sensor should be there.
    Thank so much! Got it all now. Working on a copy of Excel now. You guys are awesome!!!!!

Help again!!

Alrighty!!!! Back in the lab and heres the latest. Truck runs and idles great in park. Fuel trims dive. Hard. And I have a dangerously low idle in gear. Heres the tune and a few logs. Under the gun now. lol Guy wants the truck back Friday. This was suppose to be a simple cam swap. Everyone I talked to said I should only have to change a few small things and it would be driveable and then do a VE tune and it would come into its milk. I have excel now. I just dont understand the diving fuel trims. So there it is. Gonna fiddle with VE tables a bit and see what happens. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If idle in gear is too low, then change the values in the base running airflow table that are above 140 degree
    ECT in the "gear" row to same value as that for 140 degree ECT cell, which I believe is 1.360 for your file.
    This should fix that problem.

See if you can find someone else with similar setup and use their VE table because yours does not look to be
    correct to me. Looks way too rich in the idle region (VE too high). Also it will not have peaks and valleys
    to the extent yours does.

lb/min units; I have not gotten used to using grams/sec for airflow yet