Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New cam and wont idle

New cam and wont idle

I just put a Comp Cam in a 2000 chevy silverado 5.3liter 2wd 4l60e. cam part # 54-600-11 where do i start. truck wont idle. have not started to tune it yet.

This might not be everything you are looking for but reading though it might help you get started.

You just need to do lots and lots of reading and see what works. Lots of threads on here to read through, performancetrucks.net has good stuff too.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...tricks-373848/
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

thank you very much excellent info!!!!!

that calculator says i have 71 degrees of overlap. that seems like a lot.

here is the tune in it now. It will idle now. The fuel trims go way negative. Where do I go from here?
    andy2.hpt

How do i post a log on here? It wont let me find them when i try open attachments

And I am only getting a read out for Bank 1 sensor 1 on the log. Bank 2 sensor 2 is at 0. And says that the parameter is not an option.

please post the cam specs; I hope you really did not put in a cam with that much overlap in a small motor like that.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewrencher View Post
    I just put a Comp Cam in a 2000 chevy silverado 5.3liter 2wd 4l60e. cam part # 54-600-11
    I hope you changed the valve springs.

adv dur: 275/295
    dur @ .050 : 219 233
    lobe sep: 109
    valve lift:.554 .537
    centerline: 103

new valve springs. push rods, and lifters

when computing overlap, use duration at 0.050, not advertised duration. Your overlap is minimal and
    should behave well on the street. If you had the overlap you originally stated, you would be SOL.
    Post stock tune file so I can compare what you have done to the tune. Thanks.

i believe its a compromised file. I have no feed from my bank 2 O2 sensor. How do I attach a log?

You have way to much idle air and start up idle air. Do you have stock MAF and throttle body? Are heads stock with
    stock compression ratio? Did you change anything other than the camshaft? Did you install long tube headers?
    When I hear back from you I will make some changes to your tune file and send back to you.
    Last edited by JamesLinder; 08-29-2014 at 09:33 PM.

it has an aftermarket MAF. Waiting to find out what brand and size. Stock throttle body and heads. Stock compression. Replaced camshaft, lifters, and pushrods. Heads were freshened. New gaskets and head bolts. All done to factory spec. I'd like to show you this log. I have no activity on the Bank 2 O2. No voltage at all on the scanner. And when reading it in the table format, it states unsupported parameter.

Try pasting these into your PCM file and see if this gets you at least started up and idling. We can go from there.
    It is not easy coming up with something from scratch without wide band logging.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I dont have excel. And what of the O2 sensor issue?

Senior Tuner
    Post a log using default imperial of 02 sensor issue. Are there any codes?

You should really by a copy of Excel 2003 or one iteration older because it is invaluable to making the computations
    necessary when tuning and evaluating percentage increases in table values. You can buy it online and download
    to your PC and be up and running in 20 minutes. Just do not look at the newer versions because they cost considerably
    more, whereas the older versions are very inexpensive. The Excel file I posted as recommended timing tables, both
    VE tables, idle air, start up air, idle RPM and some other stuff. I think it would be worth it to you to be able to look at
    what I posted for you; heck, it probably took me and hour to prepare that information for you.

Here are the logs.
    andy1log.hplandy2log.hpl

i will get excel. thank you very much. I do appreciate it. But I believe the issue is a corrupt file or failed ecm.