Thread: Injector offset table

Tuner in Training

Injector offset table

I know this has probably been covered but i can't find a specific answer. I have the 0 vacuum column of data from the injector manufacturer but nothing out to 80 kpa. Just one column. How do you populate the rest of the table. I've played with the numbers and what a difference in fueling but it's not right. Was lean now it's rich. I need proper data to retune this beast. Any help would be appreciated.

What injectors are these? Do you have a part#?

Tuner in Training
    They are RC engineering part# SL4-650. 650cc or 62lb. RC was good about giving that much data but that's all they had. This car has a story. It's an aps tt GTO that I builit for a customer. We didn't have all the injector data but he took it to the dyno anyway. He drove it for 87k miles like this with a stumble going into boost and lean spikes all over the place. He didn't mind, it was highway driven. BTW it's speed density with 2 bar map. He was getting alot of kr so he tuned it very conservative, no timing to speak of. Car only makes 501 rwhp, i'ts got more judging from my playing with the table today. it's much smoother, stumble almost gone but i haven't got to the transient table yet. Fast forward to today and I bought the car. Now it's going to get right but I need correct data first, then I'll retune it on the street and hit a dyno in the end.

Tuner in Training
    Now another question. If I have manifold referenced FPR do I need to scale the injector offset table? As I originally posted I have the 0 vacuum column and thats it. Shouldn't I just populate the whole table with this column of values because the regulator increases pressure as vacuum drops? It's a 1:1 ratio adjustable aeromotive regulator and full return system from tank to rails back to tank. So in boost it adds 1 psi per lb of boost. I should have already posted that info. just stands to reason but I'm not sure. The factory tables are all scaled with returnless systems.