Thread: LNF catless downpipe and second O2 sensor question

Tuner

LNF catless downpipe and second O2 sensor question

hello,
    Recently i bought a ZZP catless downpipe with a standard O2 bung. I didn't realize it at the time, until i took off my stock downpipe but the O2 bung was about 6-8 inches further back on the ZZP downpipe and my stock second O2 sensor won't reach. I'm guessing they sent me a pipe that was meant for a "aftermarket wideband o2 bung" which i didn't want.

I know with a catless downpipe i'll have to turn of the P0420 code for Cat Performance. However, if chose to run without the second O2 sensor i have to turn off all the other codes: P0137, P0138, P013A, P013E, P0140, P2232, P2270, P2271 which are on that sensor.

My question is: If i run without the second O2 sensor, will it affect the car; I'm guessing fuel trims?

I know the main purpose of the second o2 sensor is to determine cat performance, but i also know for a fact that it can (and is) used for fuel trims (to a small degree) in certain controllers.

I road race with no cat or 2nd O2 and have no problems.

Advanced Tuner
    Let the codes pop and disable them as they come. No need to arbitrarily disable codes if they aren't popping a MIL.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan