Thread: New Guy needs Help Logging Speed Density Data

Potential Tuner

New Guy needs Help Logging Speed Density Data

I am new to HP Tuners and tuning and have a 2007 Silverado 1500 NBS 5.3 LH6 with 4l60E trans. I plan on tuning the MAF and speed density and have been trying to log speed density data but have a problem. From everything I read you need to disable the MAF to log only speed density, but when i disable the MAF by setting the fail frequency to 0 or unplugging it the transmission goes into default mode and has max line pressure with a very hard slam into second gear. That is as far as I got.

How can i log speed density data without screwing up my transmission?

Thanks,
    Greg

Potential Tuner
    Nobody? It seems like a simple question for you experienced guys. I am not asking for hand holding just would like to know how you log your data for speed density to use with the bluecat tool. My attempt did not work. I don't need help with histograms or any of that, just settings I need to log good speed density data without extremely harsh shifts.
    Maybe just change the trans default table?

Thanks,
    Greg

Set the fail to 0 hz, then you need to set P0103 to 0 MIL on first error, I actually set all 3 MAF codes that way. This way the MIL will come on and when you scan the DTC's P0103 will display and you are now in open loop. Disable STFT, LTFT and DFCO aswell.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 08-27-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks!
    I did set the MAF fail frequency to 0 but did not set the P0103 to 0 mil on first. Will that stop the transmission from going into default mode with very harsh shifts?

I will give it a try.

Thanks,
    Greg

At a guess it should/might, I got mine to fail and toss the code and drive just fine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

to alleviate the hard shifts go under trans diag-max pressure-disable
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me