Thread: TCM issue

TCM issue

I was reflashing my TCM to change my rear gears and Tire size. Anyway, I read out my tune, which is an 09 silverado with 4l60e trans, and saved that file. I went in changed what i needed, saved as a separate tune incase I needed to revert to the stock tune. When i clicked write entire, HP went through the normal VCM rewrite but when i got to the TCM portion it got to about 78% and said "lost communication. retrying..." after about 30 seconds i got another error message saying "attempt to reestablish communication with the TCM failed. please do not disrupt power to the ECM/TCM while flashing"

Ive tried loading the original file back onto the computers and even tried to flash the new tune on but everytime I do i get a message saying "TCM was not found- Flash file requires TCM. Please rectify the TCM communication issue or select a file compatible with this vehicle"......

Any suggestions?

Have you tried just writing it doing "Calibration only" write.

I rarely ever "write entire" as it's not needed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yea i tried that also. still cant locate the TCM. Im thinking it might be fried. Im going to check a junkyard and see if i cant find a replacement TCM thatll work with my vehicle.