Thread: F torque management spark! C7 Manual w/ cam

F torque management spark! C7 Manual w/ cam

Has anyone been monitoring "torque management advance" on a C7 manual? I have data logged a couple cammed C7's so I know I'm not the only one dealing with this problem. Just curious if anyone has been able to figure it out yet.

If you look at the attached data log the problem is pretty obvious. Switch between 1:01.807 and 1:01.854 of the frame and look at the torque management advance as well as the delivered torque.

It's not the driver demand. I can make the throttle hyper responsive, but it will still have part throttle torque management retard. It does it primarily whenever I come to a complete stop and part throttle accelerate in 1st. At about 20-22 mph it clears up and drives normal.

I've tried disabling the tip in limit, changed tip in mapped/gear settings, disabled spark smoothing, 0'd all the minimum spark tables... It's annoying when something so simple drives you nuts trying to figure out, but I just don't see anything that controls this. I wish I could figure it out because it will make the difference between my car driving good vs. driving great!

It's got to be something really simple. I just don't see what it is. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's another data log w/ a side of WOT action at the 4:03 mark... just to blow off some steam
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I'm running into the same thing that you are, but it is affecting idle as well. I am actually getting negative advance at idle and it is killing any sort of stability. How does yours idle?

Mine does that at initial start up when cold for a few seconds then goes away. "Fixed" that problem by zero'ing the minimum spark tables. (Obviously not a legit fix, but did the job)... Be careful because as you probably already know, negative spark at idle will get those headers red hot.

Oh and I did actually come up with a clever little trick to make the computer think it's making less torque at idle.... But I'm not giving away all my secrets! Worked too damn hard to get where I'm at! It can be done tho... Here's an idle vid of my car.

http://instagram.com/p/qNktpMEebW/

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
    But I'm not giving away all my secrets!
    Oh come on, please?

Advanced Tuner
    I'll give the min spark tables a try and see if that helps. I've gone through everything I can think of as far as the Torque Requests, but I think my brain is fried cause I must be missing something...