Thread: turbo setup having 2 bar issues

Advanced Tuner

turbo setup having 2 bar issues

I am running a 05 4.8 in a 55 belair with the a turbo setup just switched to 2 bar setup and trying to use my histogram table 9 to get the ve table dialed in. But for some reason the map is not reading over 120 on histogram but the two bar pid is reading correctly.
    Please help me understand what I have wrong thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Okay well I went for another drive tonight trying to figure this out and have another problem that I am not sure what is going on it keeps going into limp mode here is the current tune that I thought I had everything set right but know I am lost. And three logs that you can see once in boost it goes into limp mode. Please help.

Senior Tuner
    Delete your map sae pid, only keep 2 bar map pid. Increas the values in calculated airmass table in engine diagnostics-general.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks I did just go ahead and delete the 1 bar pid and how much should I add to the airmass table. I am not sure if it matter but I am not throwing either one of them codes. But sure does make sense. I also did not have this problem with the turbo when I was running maf only since I just switched to 2 bar. Thanks In advance
    Last edited by badbowtie; 08-27-2014 at 05:18 AM.

What MAP sensor do you have?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    I am using the gm 12615136 sensor I also just changed all the tables like you just showed thanks. I am not sure if something else still needs to be changed with that sensor.
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I did go for another cruise and it didn't go into limp mode and I couldn't get over about 3 pounds of boost even on the boost gauge it was pretty rich so I did lean it a little and hopefully that is the reason I cant get back to the 6 pounds I was getting. And I hope that will also fix why my histogram (9) is set right to actually go over the 120 that it is stuck on. Here is the log.

Advanced Tuner
    seems like Everything is working again I am recording boost know and am right were I was 6 pounds I think once I get it dialed in I may turn it up to about 9 and see how it does.
    Thanks Again for the help.