Thread: Do I need a segment swap for a DBC setup on a DBW PCM?

Potential Tuner

Do I need a segment swap for a DBC setup on a DBW PCM?

Specs:
    97 F-Body
    LQ4 block
    LS3 heads and intake
    DBC throttle body
    2004 Express Van 3500 PCM (Svc#:12586243 Hwd#: 12583659)

So I have a LQ4 with a 4L80e. I paired it with a Chevy Express Van 3500 PCM 20140825-04ExpressVan3500-BASE.hpt because I read around that it was really the last PCM that controlled a Gen 3 motor with a 4L80e and had the IAC driver chip. I got it all hooked up and cranked the motor and get a good crank out if until it goes to the "RUN" mode. The PCM looks like its setup for TAC and errored out that it couldn't communicate with it (U0107). I looked at the 2004 GTO 200572977.hpt tune to see how it deals with the DBC and it looks like its Electronic Throttle tables are all zeroed out.

Do I need to do a segment swap so the PCM know to used the IAC? Or can I zero out the Electronic throttle tables and will it default to the IAC driver?

Advanced Tuner
    Not all full-size vans were DBC. The models equipped with traction control were DBW - which is what your tune is.

Potential Tuner
    would a simple zeroing of some tables fix it or would I have to do a Segment swap?

Tuner
    Sorry to bring a thread back, but I've got an 04 Express ECM running OS ID: 12587603 . How can I tell if this computer is okay to use with drive by cable? It's getting a U0107 code and shows constant 0 for TPS. Is there a way to write an older (02) OS into this computer to get throttle control?

Or do I just get an 02 computer and tune that one?

Tuner
    Is there any way to get this computer to run an electric fan and be drive by cable? Should I be running an LS1 computer?

Tuner in Training
    Some 03-07 PCMs can control a DBC setup. Its all about having the right hardware in the PCM. Here is some good info on this.

http://lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

Tuner in Training
    Changing the "system options" to reflect the lack of ETC is also necessary.