Thread: Flashing New PCM

Tuner in Training

Flashing New PCM

I have a licensed pcm for a 2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 in a tube chassis rock crawler. I have been very happy with HPT and the ability to modify the tune after cam changes and other mods. I am now building another tube chassis and have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3 to put in it. What I want to do is flash my exact tune to the new pcm. I have searched quite a bit and found conflicting info. What is the most efficient way to do this? I know I will have to use 2 credits for the new pcm. I have also read that I should do a "Read Entire" on the new pcm and open my tune file as a "Compare File". Then, copy and paste everything from my tune file into the new pcm file, then do a "Write Calibration". This seems really time consuming and opens the door for a copy-paste error. It seems there should be a quicker, more efficient way to do this. Any help?

For a rock crawler, you could just take the file from the 2000 and write entire on the 2001. You'll still have to license the 2001 PCM, but this will remove any copy/paste errors and you'd be working with the same exact tune in both vehicles.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the quick reply