Thread: TBSS weak off-the-line

Tuner

TBSS weak off-the-line

Can anyone please help and take a look at my tune, what am I missing?

I did the VE and speed density portions, after I put everything back together the "off-the-line" feeling is severely lacking. The log shows the advance going negative upon mashing the gas. The first mashing of the gas is in "3", the second is in "D". The problem feels worst in 3 than in D.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I cant tell anything by your tune or scan, not even sure what car that is offhand.........

The only advice I can offer is you could change the PE to 1.0 and lower the MAP and PE so that fueling kicks in faster..... generally in terms of combustion it will help improve a stand still take off instead of going for broke at full throttle only.......

Judging by your scans if my scanner show it right, it takes a bit for the throttle for some reason to actually get to full open throttle.. and if thats the case, the only way to adjust that without adjusting the actual throttle settings would be to improve your cylinder burn rates.......... either that or throw timing at the situation, but again cant see anything on the scan...... with regards to fueling or anything.......

Maybe try like 19.0002445653136 47.0001231208471 60.0006116926807 86.9995136633407 from the start of that TPS for PE..... then run the norm for the remainder and see if it helps take off......

It may bog it down more, but it will help get fueling upto speed quicker for the run
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 08-25-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    Wha are your mods ? I just got my but kicked doing my speed density tune . I can send you the file later so you can compare .
    As far as pe , mines at 2.0

But now that I'm done , with just a cam and a 3200 stall awd I'm breaking the tires loose out the hole without loading up the converter

Tuner
    Its an 09 Trailblazer SS, all I have done to the truck is put a cold air intake and e-fans.

I set the PE ramp in rate to 2 so that it instantly reaches the desired rate as opposed to getting there slower. Its just something Ive been playing with lately.
    Last edited by da_vato; 08-25-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Where did you get the tune? It appears to have much modified from stock, certainly more than your mods warrant.
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Advanced Tuner
    Your pe is set to a target 12.5, could go leaner . And your delay RPM is 1000 which is very low, autos tend to need it alittle higher.

Your tq management is also near stock, which isnt a bad thing if your on a stock trans. But its going to hold back some .

Does the truck also have a stall ? looks like its tuned for it, and unless 09 gm made some major changes it looks like alot of things differ from your tune vs stock that I dont think should were necessary

Tuner
    reduce tq management by 50%, copy your high octane spark table to your low octane table. add 2* of timing and once you get knock back off a couple degrees to compensate for a hot day. max out your ETC limits to get the TB to open up faster. reduce burst knock, that should get help out some.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by R0G3R View Post
    reduce tq management by 50%, copy your high octane spark table to your low octane table. add 2* of timing and once you get knock back off a couple degrees to compensate for a hot day. max out your ETC limits to get the TB to open up faster. reduce burst knock, that should get help out some.

Roger, is this the etc table your referring to ?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything , I also increase the 100% range and made it hit 100 earlier, should I just max out the entire table?

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever figure this out?

Here is a suggestion from my side, put VE back to stock, there are some massive changes that were made there that I would think could cause an issue.

In comparing it to a stock 2009 tune, there wasn't much changed at all.