Thread: Car falls on its face at 4000 and dies at random

Potential Tuner

Car falls on its face at 4000 and dies at random

Just finished a Ls1 swap in my 91 Camaro. Donnor car was a good running 2000 camaro.I have driven the car around town a few times and it ran great, So I decided to drive the car to work yesterday and I noticed at lunch I punched it to get around a car and it cut out for a split second and then pulled all the way to redline no problem. On the way home that afternoon i noticed that it was missing under heavy load. Figured it was plugs so I bought some TR55's on the way home. Today I got in it to take it to the store (Knowing that the car might still be missing, haven't installed the new plugs yet)and Now it just falls on its face when you floor it. It acts like a DBW car when you hit the speed limiter, It doesnt feel like it is missing it just wont gain any speed. It isn't speed related because you can do it in 1st gear or OD. The car would start right back up but would fall back on its face quickly if you labored the engine at all. I ran a log on it to see if anything crazy jumped out at me but I am still pretty green to the tuning scene so the problem could be staring me in the face but i don't see it. I did notice looking at the log that it doesn't want to rev over 4000 rpms. Friend of mine thinks it might be the crank or cam sensor but i don't know how to tell (I logged that by the way) Checked fuel pressure with a manual gauge and I have 60psi at idle. My hose isn't long enough to watch it when driving down the road.
    I am thinking its fuel related but that is just a guess.

Mods: LS6 intake, LT headers, 3.73, 4000 stall Performabuilt lv2 trans.

@3:11.086 when watching the log file is when the car died going down the road.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner