Thread: Numb throttle... 2012 LS3 Camaro

Numb throttle... 2012 LS3 Camaro

I've searched left and right but yet to find the answer. I would like to get rid of the numb feeling or lag in response that I have at the first 1/4" or so of throttle push. After this little problem area is passed with a bit more pedal input it comes alive almost like you pushed the pedal harder but I don't physically do it. Sounds weird but I can't be the only one with a mushy feeling with the DBW TB. In a perfect world I would like to get the response of my 4th gen cable throttle body. The car has all the bolt-ons, cam, Crawford modified intake, PTB, CAI, exhaust etc. etc. This has been an issue, not a new one. Is there anything in the attached picture to tweak and fix this? Or is this a product of the drive by wire?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I noticed the same problem. All you really have to do is move the numbers to the left, one or two columns, then make the 2 and 3 or 4, the 3 a 5, the 5 a 7 or 8, etc, then just smooth it out after that. If you move them too far over to the left then you will get a "Reduced Engine power" alert... if you get that, just back it down a bit.

Mine is all fixed up and sensitive, just the way I like it. I started messing with it since I had a power blip at about 25% when my Whipple boost valve would close that I had to smooth out.

You'll notice mine starts moving at 9%, and yours starts at 15%. Big difference.

TPS.PNG
    Last edited by 10_SS; 08-22-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I wonder why there is a difference in pedal position values from your table to mine?? Thanks for chiming in!

Well it worked awesome! Definitely fixed the lag feeling however, I got reduced engine power about 9 miles into the first drive..... Going to try a little less and see if it will work better.

Can you do me a favor in the name of curiosity? Tell me which, if any, codes are thrown when it goes into reduced power?

Sorry I did not even check. I just pulled over and flashed my original settings.

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I wonder why there is a difference in pedal position values from your table to mine?? Thanks for chiming in!
    Mine are different because I modified them. I'm surprised you get Reduced Engine Power with those settings since they work on a 2010 no problem. Your header values are different than mine so maybe that's part of the problem, try lining them up better I have a feeling yours are coming on much faster than mine.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

That's basically what I meant the header values are different. I'll play some more and see what the result is.

Did you just modify table A? or all of them?

Are there any 2012 owners that have done this with success?

I looked into a 2012 LS3 vette file and the 9 and 15 column both had a 1. I did this and the response is still good and no REP either.

Senior Tuner
    That's basically what I meant the header values are different. I'll play some more and see what the result is.
    You can change the axis to match a different year car too. Any axis that's underlined on a table like that in HPTuners...click on it...you get a new table you can modify. Then close and reopen the original table and you'll see the new axis.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    I looked into a 2012 LS3 vette file and the 9 and 15 column both had a 1. I did this and the response is still good and no REP either.
    Can you post that file?
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I noticed the same problem. All you really have to do is move the numbers to the left, one or two columns, then make the 2 and 3 or 4, the 3 a 5, the 5 a 7 or 8, etc, then just smooth it out after that. If you move them too far over to the left then you will get a "Reduced Engine power" alert... if you get that, just back it down a bit.

Mine is all fixed up and sensitive, just the way I like it. I started messing with it since I had a power blip at about 25% when my Whipple boost valve would close that I had to smooth out.

You'll notice mine starts moving at 9%, and yours starts at 15%. Big difference.

TPS.PNG
    If you're in neutral, are you able to hold your car off idle with the gas pedal, or does it try to jump to a higher RPM? I've been fighting with that...I have a dead zone in my response, then it wants to jump to almost 2K RPM...I've messed with tip in limiting and throttle follower, and never been able to make it right...I just want it to do what my right foot says to do...and nothing I've done really seems to make that happen.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

I found it in the tune repository... There are 2 files for stock 2012 ls3 vettes.

2012 ls3 vette

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    If you're in neutral, are you able to hold your car off idle with the gas pedal, or does it try to jump to a higher RPM? I've been fighting with that...I have a dead zone in my response, then it wants to jump to almost 2K RPM...I've messed with tip in limiting and throttle follower, and never been able to make it right...I just want it to do what my right foot says to do...and nothing I've done really seems to make that happen.
    Mike I can hold 1100 rpm with the pedal and it does not try to jump any higher.... For the axis adjustment I want to try it but I'm puckered up thinking that this will brick the PCM. So I've been told anyway.....

Senior Tuner
    Mike I can hold 1100 rpm with the pedal and it does not try to jump any higher.... For the axis adjustment I want to try it but I'm puckered up thinking that this will brick the PCM. So I've been told anyway.....
    It didn't brick mine...
    2023 Durango Hellcat

It didn't brick mine...
    Mike, did you modify all throttle tables or just A?

Yes i can still control rpm down to about 200-300rpm incriments... Maybe the cam or timing is doing this? If timing jumps, so will rpm.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires