Thread: 2014 Mustang Automatic

Tuner in Training

2014 Mustang Automatic

Hi All,
    Can somebody tell me what parameter controls - in gear - brake on RPM? it limits the RPM to 2000 rpm this prevents you from doing a burnout or heating up the tires !
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by efiv6 View Post
    Hi All,
    Can somebody tell me what parameter controls - in gear - brake on RPM? it limits the RPM to 2000 rpm this prevents you from doing a burnout or heating up the tires !
    Thanks
    I would create a track tune that disables traction control altogether. To do so, navigate to Engine > Torque Management > Traction Control > Disable = 0.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Thank you wbt I will do this
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    I would create a track tune that disables traction control altogether. To do so, navigate to Engine > Torque Management > Traction Control > Disable = 0.
    What if you want to tune the traction control to work better with more power than stock. Could you do this and what is the process?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    What if you want to tune the traction control to work better with more power than stock. Could you do this and what is the process?
    There are many TQ reduction settings that can be manipulated on both the engine and transmission side for both manual and auto trans.

Most tuners will create a street and a race tune for their customers. One that leaves stuff like traction control enabled and may modify some of the TQ maximum values and then create a race tune that turns traction control and TQ management off.

Some items of interest under Engine are:
    Max Torque Limit
    Max Brake Torque

Auto trans:
    Shift
    Torque Truncation
    Non-shifting limit
    TCC Torque Truncation
    Torque Reduction Upshift

Manual Trans:
    Torque Truncation
    Enable Energy