Thread: Having a bad time getting cold start and return to idle 5.3l custom cam

Potential Tuner

Having a bad time getting cold start and return to idle 5.3l custom cam

Hi
    I have been reading and tuning on and off when i can and trying to nut out this idle,anyway i would like some guidance on this idle problem iam having.
    i have a cold start log and config file most recent i have,but still need to get my tune out of my other lap top so bare with me
    till tommorow.

I had the iac counts down in the 40-60 range at idle but the engine would only achieve this after getting to running temp,
    then it would come down from 280 to 230 iac to the 40-60 range,but only if i held the tps at 5% and slowly let my foot of to 0%.
    Well after some more tuning and adjustments i can not seem to get my iac counts down at all now and return to idle when cold is not right again.

I have adjusted raf and spark,throttle blade tps volts and reset all the usual stuff to get idle better but its not working
    consistently with what i see in my logs.

Should i just start over again and redo my tune?
    its like iam trying to hit a moving target sometimes with this idle,any way ill load my tune here tommorow and maybe
    someone can shed some light on what is happening.

The car is a drag car/street car with no narrow bands just a afr meter (not logged),engine is a lm7 5.3L with ls1 intake,custom turbo cam 232 238,just running na at the moment to get everthing
    dialed in .iam running shorty headers and a 2x 2.5" to 3" single exhaust.
    no VSS,power glide trans 3000 rpm 10" convertor,9" 4.11s 26" m/t drag radial
    car is about 2800 lbs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    warm start 2nd log

Potential Tuner
    this may be a little better con fig

Potential Tuner
    Ok i got my tune and log,config that go's together with each other.
    If anyone can see anything bad in the tune please do hesertate to tell me i have stuff way off or not even close.
    Thankyou

Potential Tuner
    well i got some more tuning done and i seem to have got my iac down to 40s and 50s again.

I have addjusted my ve a bit in the idle area and it helped alot,but i will see once i do a cold
    start again and addjust my RAF.

Here is the log and tune,if somone could take a look and see if iam heading in
    the right direction with the idle or not would be much appreciated