Thread: Evaluating Tune Options

Potential Tuner

Evaluating Tune Options

I just finished making mods to my 2010 Camaro L99 and I am evaluating my options on getting it tuned. I would like to purchase HP Tuners and do the tune myself but to be quite honest I am a little concerned over the level of difficulty trying to do this myself. I am a Software Engineer by trade so I am computer literate and I have been building cars, engines, etc for many years but I have never gotten into the world of EFI any deeper than using one of the many handhelds to install prebuilt tunes, etc.
    The mods on my Camaro include an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger, 3.5" pulley, Edelbrock competition intake system, Deutchwerks 65lb injectors, and American Racing long tube headers with 3" dynaflow exhaust all the way out the back. I went the tuner package route on the Edelbrock supercharger because I knew the tune they would provide with their SCT programmer would not be optimal for my specific mods and I want to get into tuning so I don't even have their tune to get started.
    What do you guys think, is this something I should attempt? Is there a tune file available that would get me started?

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    For your first tune ever it is a big step. You can make all the changes in the world to the file and post up here for everyone to check it out. By all the books and follow them page by page. You will be on the right track.

Potential Tuner
    Are there any tune files in the repository or does anyone have a tune for a similar configuration that I could look at for reference?