Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreaded KR

Your MAF is way off couple spots high rpm & load. Also off down low. Also, all those timing dips at steady-state throttle and leaving from a stop can be fixed by raising the timing at the rpm and load the dip happens. When holding throttle position at 15%, for example, the timing should be flat with no dips.

Been busy with school and havent updated anything.... So...

Is this a kappa thing and I have to live with it? I dont think i can accept that. How can we get the KR sensor sensitivity table unlocked? Is that something that HPtuner is working on or have they quit on our ECU already?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    HPtuner is working on or have they quit on our ECU already? ask tech but from what i was told a few years ago this is a dead platform now. my guess is they are only working on programming for the vin numbers not registered if any and software glitches.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by ericemir View Post
    Been busy with school and havent updated anything.... So...
    so...update then reply back with your findings!
    2008 Sky RL

Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Your MAF is way off couple spots high rpm & load. Also off down low. Also, all those timing dips at steady-state throttle and leaving from a stop can be fixed by raising the timing at the rpm and load the dip happens. When holding throttle position at 15%, for example, the timing should be flat with no dips.
    Ok I see what you mean. Thanks for that point out. I raised timing a little and adjusted the OS tables and MS tables accordingly. I hope it helps.

Will post log and tune later but I am running e47 and same amount of KR all over the place... can this be mechanical?

What in the H3!!

One minute KR like normall then

I had to pull over LOL and verify if the KR PID was actually working... I had close to ZERO KR.... going to let it cool and try again the same tune to see what it does.... Fingers crossed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Then back to normal....

codename bill I now see what you were talking about the maf and the afr doesnt richen as crazy then lean out... that did solve some KR but its still a huge problem...

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    the kappa cars record pre-programmed ignition cuts from tables like iat spark modifier and afr spark modifier. It then counts the removed value as kr. if you don't smooth every table and turn off every multiplier then you will most likely see kr over 3* on every drive.
    With kappas having more drive train load, and not accelerating through the rpm as like a lower load cobalt can, the kappas commonly detonate a few degrees before the cobalt and hhr's.
    All your tables smoothed? This is really, really important. Post new log and tune.

Attached are my current log and tune

OK bringing this back from the dead. My fueling was way off due to a faulty evap solenoid that was acting up for a while and finally went out entirely revealing its self. I have a 2008 HHR SS that I just tuned and it runs perfect NO KR. Same tune on my sky and tons of KR.... Im starting to hate this car... I have been fighting this since day 1. I will upload tunes and logs as soon as I can. I would really like to get over this KR nonsense....